Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest kiwikali

nostalgia

Guest kiwikali

nos·tal·gia

1: a wistful or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition; also : something that evokes nostalgia

does anyone feel like this constantly?

i took a vacation with my family to france and london for 3 weeks last summer. actually we left exactly a year ago today. i just felt so sad to leave, and it's all i think about. it was the one time where nothing mattered, not my acne not my problems. i was just happy with my family and having a great time. all i think about is the memories from that vacation and the longing to go back.

it really bums me out and i wish i could focus on the present instead of constantly thinking about something that happened a year ago.

what should i do??

:think::confused:

Yeah I have a hard time focusing on the present too. I tend to daydream about the future or think about past times when I was happy (looong time ago).

I don't know either :shrug: ...the only time I am really in the present is when in conversation; or when listening to music or reading, but even then it's a form of escapism... :think:

those days wont come back... good memories defnitely leave a mark, they r to be cherished 'atleast u had a chance!'

to make the best out of it wud be to talk it with ur family members of how fun it was to be together and havin fun.... it will make u feel better and yea

Yeah...or return :) Have another family trip!

Its a natural human tendency to idealise the good moments that you had in the past and to forget the negative experiences that occured with them. I think in many ways nostalgia can preculde the onset of depression- both a yearning for the past and a feeling of hoplessness in the present become a cyclical process that is ultimately very corrosive. Its important to set yourself yourself goals, no matter how small, that you want to achieve in the furture as this becomes a foundation for a happier life.

i've always been a nostalgic person and you can take that as a positive or negative.

you can't change the past so might as well make happy memories now :)

Guest kiwikali

yeah you guys are right

thanks

but man that was a great vacation :)

and i did notice that when i was dealing with depression the nostalgia was a lot stronger and now that i'm happy it's not as bad, but i still think about it a lot. *sigh*

I feel exactly the same, I always get nostalgic about things, even things about half a week ago. I see it as a positive, although it makes letting go much harder.

nos·tal·gia

1: a wistful or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition; also : something that evokes nostalgia

does anyone feel like this constantly?

i took a vacation with my family to france and london for 3 weeks last summer. actually we left exactly a year ago today. i just felt so sad to leave, and it's all i think about. it was the one time where nothing mattered, not my acne not my problems. i was just happy with my family and having a great time. all i think about is the memories from that vacation and the longing to go back.

it really bums me out and i wish i could focus on the present instead of constantly thinking about something that happened a year ago.

what should i do??

:think::confused:

Quotes to think about by Necromancer:

-The Future is Now

-Look to the Future not to the Past

-You Can Only Change the Future not the Past

-Write Everything You Want In Life Down on a Piece of Paper Today and For the Rest Of Your Life, Go After Each Thing One by One

Last quote is kind of long but it is what I did hehe! :D