Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today I woke up and was able to look at myself in the mirror, without cringing, for the first time in almost 10 years. This, after a total Fx treatment that I had this past Friday, 6 Smoothbeam treatments, 6 laser genesis treatments, several TCA peels, a series of 7 microdermabrasion/chemical peel treatments, and countless other minor treatments. Suffice to say, I have obsessed with getting rid of my scars over the past decade.

Due to an enormous amount of stress in high school and uncontrollable acne I got a fair amount of scars on my face that I have had to live with since then. When I finally got my acne under control, I made it a goal to minimize the appearance of my scars in any way possible. My scars were never really that bad on my cheeks or front of my face but were pretty noticeable on on the sides of my face near my eyes. These scars made me self-conscious and I always hated standing really close to people because I always thought they'd be looking at my scars.

Whenever I had any bit of money saved up I would do whatever scar revision techniques I could afford. This amounted to peels, microdermabrasion, and subcision in college with decent results. When I finally got out of college and started making more money I decided to go for more aggressive treatments. The first set of treatments consisted of smoothbeam/laser genesis treatments which I found to be fairly effective. The scars didn't completely go away but my skin became a lot smoother. I could still see the scars under a fine light but for most purposes I was content.

When I found out that there was a new procedure called Total FX coming out that was fairly reasonable in cost (I only paid $2225) and had minimal downtime I decided to undergo this treatment to overcome the last hump. The treatment was downright painful (especially the Deep FX portion of it) and the first night was tough (blood kept oozing out and the Aquaphor felt disgusting) but for the most part it was manageable. I'm currently in day 5 of my post treatment and I must say that the results are pretty good so far. The scars are still there but I have to look really close to see them. If I stand a few feet away from the mirror I don't notice the scars at all.

I know this is a long post but i just wanted to express to everyone that you can have the skin you want if you are dedicated enough.

please keep us posted in a few weeks from now.

Microswelling can be deceptivea few weeks down the line, your skin will show its regular state.