Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chocolate Monkey

A Red Scab Looking Mark (advice please0

Hi, this is the first time this has happened to me,

my acne has been reaaaaally clear over the last months since using the regimen (not had a single spot which comes to a head since august last year)...

unfortunately due to the stress of exams, yesterdat i thought i noticed some spot forming, which didnt have a head....so being the hero that i shouldnt have been....i squeezed!

Nothing came out but blood, eventually after trying again an hour later, a TINY (literally tiny) white hard thing came out (which is just hardened pus)...

Sadly now, on the second day, i have this pea sized mark on my jaw, its REALLY painful to the touch, visually it looks like a scab (its flat though), but it also looks like a blood clot as its really dark brown/reddish

Could anyone possibly tell me what it could be, and how long it usually takes for them to heal up?

many thanks

Hi, this is the first time this has happened to me,

my acne has been reaaaaally clear over the last months since using the regimen (not had a single spot which comes to a head since august last year)...

unfortunately due to the stress of exams, yesterdat i thought i noticed some spot forming, which didnt have a head....so being the hero that i shouldnt have been....i squeezed!

Nothing came out but blood, eventually after trying again an hour later, a TINY (literally tiny) white hard thing came out (which is just hardened pus)...

Sadly now, on the second day, i have this pea sized mark on my jaw, its REALLY painful to the touch, visually it looks like a scab (its flat though), but it also looks like a blood clot as its really dark brown/reddish

Could anyone possibly tell me what it could be, and how long it usually takes for them to heal up?

many thanks

Well from my experience as a addicted picker it just depends on how bad it is and if you leave it alone,if you keep picking at it it could just get worse maybe try some alcohol to dry it out cuz that always works for me, if I had a pimple i'd pop it and use alcohol to absorb the oil and it'd be gone in a few days but thats just me...

thanks for the advice^

it seems to be some sort of clot though (even though it may just be a scab forming?), or am i just over panicking?

because ive actually suprisingly never picked at a spot (or VERY rarely ever), so ive never experienced this type of thing before =S

and my nails are quite long so im wondering if thats added to the damage?