Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basically i have acne on my upper cheeks mostly.

I have three products in my bathroom

Clean and clear cream wash :which has sa in it

Simple mousterizing foaming wash

Biore unclogging scrub: Has sa in it

Any ideas which one i should use and how good they are

EVen the simple one dries me out

I thought it was supposed to be gentle

I would go with the clean and clear but thats cos simple products make my skin flare up!

If you suffer with sensitive skin i would go and buy the clean and clear for sensitive skin cleanser.

yea i have tried the clean and clear for sensitive skin and its the only cleanser over the counter product that does not make my skin react bad!

Maybe u will be alright with the simple products! There must be an ingredient in there that my skin is allergic to! I was very surprised and slightly shocked that my skin reacted badly to the simple products!

Beware! There r alot of products out there that say they r for sensitive skin but cause alot of irritation on peoples skin! I guess it depends on HOW sensitive your skin is!

I am going to try a new skin product! Its called 'calmin' cleanser and moisturiser. It is suppose to be for VERY sensitive skin and has all natural ingredients like Aloe vera, chamomile, borage seed oil, zinc-which really helps to stop the skin drying up! My skin is probably a lot different from yours tho cos i have rosacea like symptoms!

good luck with what you decide and let me know how it goes! *hugs*

i tried the simple foaming cleanser and it makes my skin red and dry

i think its the alcohol and sodium laureth sulphate it contains

The biore unclogging scrub seems to be ok with not alot of redness

ill carry on with it and see

I cant seem to find the sensitive version of that clean and clear have u got a link

cheers x

You can find the Clean & Clear products at boots!

If it doesn't help i have heard that Eucerin is good! xx

the thing is i dont really want to use bp

Will using a cleanser and mousteriser and exfoliating help keep spots away

Or is the only way to get rid of it is using BP

You could try tea tree oil. That works nearly as well as BP.

I have successfully used Nelson Tea tree oil 'natural first aid antiseptic' on my acne. It's a cream you can get it in Sainsburies, usually kept next to the TCPs, smells a bit antiseptic but works well.

The other thing you can try is Ibuprofen gel 5%. It's a sports rub intended for sprains and stuff, but it works *really* well at preventing spots (and probably helping existing spots heal up as well).

Just slap them both on twice a day in a thin layer. Takes a few weeks to really kick in. Not drying at all in my experience (unless you're unlucky enough to be the 1 in 20 that's allergic to tea tree oil.)

It's very unconventional but worked very, very well for me and not drying. The reason I tried it is because tea tree oil kills P.Acnes and anti-inflammatories are known to work. The two seem to be practically a knock out punch on my acne.