Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULCXzue6quw

I saw this review of PUR minerals and was wondering if anyone else has tried it?

She also says she breaks out from other powders, has problems with redness and some blemishes.

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides

Hmm, I saw that review earlier and read one of the comments and someone asked her if she got the products for free in exchange to do a good review on them, I thought the same thing-I watch all of Aubrey's videos and that one just seemed sort of fake to me, she didn't even know about most of the products or even what they were called; she kept having to go to the little book they gave her. I could be totally wrong, but just my opinion. I saw another girl's video on youtube who also reviewed PUR Minerals and she wrote that she was offered a discount to do the video and its possible that "the other girl" assuming aubrey-was offered it for free.

Hmm, I saw that review earlier and read one of the comments and someone asked her if she got the products for free in exchange to do a good review on them, I thought the same thing-I watch all of Aubrey's videos and that one just seemed sort of fake to me, she didn't even know about most of the products or even what they were called; she kept having to go to the little book they gave her. I could be totally wrong, but just my opinion. I saw another girl's video on youtube who also reviewed PUR Minerals and she wrote that she was offered a discount to do the video and its possible that "the other girl" assuming aubrey-was offered it for free.

true, i read that.

i guess i'll just have to search online more

I have used PurMinerals for 3 months now. My best friend and I tried it together. We both suffer from mild to moderate (moderate during our cycles) acne. I used BareMinerals for about a year and didn't really have complaints about it except that I couldn't really find a true match to my skin and it made me shiny. I tried PurMinerals and I like the match to my skin. My best friend also LOVES it. I do occasionally get a few little breakouts not linked to PMS, but I don't know if I can blame it on the PurMinerals or on the concealer that I use.

I would be interested to see what others use here. Interesting side note though. When I went in to Ulta 3 months ago, the girl helping me used PurMinerals and had amazing skin. She preferred PurMinerals to BareMinerals and said it was way better for your skin that BareMinerals. Two days ago, I went in because I am darker from the sun now and wanted to get a PurMinerals shade that matched my new skin tone. The girl helping me preferred BareMinerals and said that PurMinerals had a ton of preservatives that are bad for your skin..................so I don't know who to believe.

Also, I have tried everyday minerals and while I like their product, it's way too difficult to try and match your skin tone online. I got frustrated and gave up.

i hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pur minerals i got at ulta

my sons first birthday was coming so i thought of trying a new mineral makeup with full coverage which was good with this but

man it was horrible i was breaking out a little the time but this piece of s*** just gave me big painful pimples and it took me a year to clear up my skin and spots anywho hope this review helpssssssssssss

and just for info

i have used almost evey mineral makeup from bare to everyday to aubrey to joppa to signature etc and never had any prob just didnt like em

Thanks for the info. I had no idea. I may go back to BareMinerals then.

I just placed an order for PUR minerals... I will report back once I try it. I had great luck with Bare Minerals and switched to Signature Minerals over a yr ago after reading good reviews on here. Signature has worked great - #4 in the winter and #6 in the summer. HOWEVER, and friend whom I turned onto SM about the same time, and I have had HORRID breakouts this summer. EXACTLY the same - uninflamed; poppable acne as well as nodules that are tender. We use different cleansers; toners; and the only thing in our regimin that is the same is the SM... I worry that maybe they changed their ingredients or something. OR it's just the weather taking a toll. Either way it was time for a change and after reading reviews online for a week, I decided to try the PUR.

I will definitely report back :)

So far so good with the PUR minerals... I LUV LUV LUV that it is a compact vs loose powder, so much cleaner to work with, and no Poof accidents... LOL!

I have a pretty normal complexion and went with the Medium Blush shade, very nice indeed and a perfect match on the first order (I was using a #4 of the Signature Minerals other than when I got a tan, then I'd use the #6)

But I do like it alot - GREAT coverage as well. I have been a little more oily than normal, but we recently moved into a home with kinda hard water - it's drying me out HORRIBLE (hands and everything are dry and peely) my face is too, so I am assuming my face is producing more oil because of the dryness. However, I am afraid to moisturize.... Anyone have any suggestions on a safe moisturizer??

Just wanted to let you guy know I use Glo Minerals. 6 years now. I think its the best thing in the world. Ive been in the beauty industry for over 10 years.