Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlotte_Sometimes

Kenalog inejection questions

Despite all my acne treatment efforts, I still get a big, nasty, painful cyst about once a month. So I go to the derm to get kenalog injections every time I get one. I'm curious if there are any side effects anyone here has experienced.

I am getting married soon and I don't want yet more scarring on my face, so I really need to continue to get them injected until something actually works for my skin. I have read all kinds of scary side effects online, like weight gain, permanent scarring, diarrhea etc. I don't want the cysts, but I don't want to gain weight right before the big day either. It's rather difficult to make a wedding dress bigger after it's already been purchased and fitted.

Thanks.

Nearly a year ago I had a minor cyst injected with cortisone that resulted in a depression of the area about the width of a dime. The scarring isn't garrish but I understand that greater scarring is possible.