Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Necromancer

Can Tattoos Destroy Acne For Good?

When it is all over, I will need a tattoo on both shoulders and upper back. Can acne come through tattooed areas? If they can, that must suck big time. I plan to tattoo most of my back because acne is everywhere!

That sucks. I wish I could kill the glands on my back. Then I would be free of this ACNES! My shoulder hurts because of all the bumps. :/

Moved to one of the acne forums. I am still trying to figure out which one. :razz:

update: Cosmetics and Style is the lucky winner.

yes - and if it's a bad one you may lose the ink in that portion.

When it is all over, I will need a tattoo on both shoulders and upper back. Can acne come through tattooed areas? If they can, that must suck big time. I plan to tattoo most of my back because acne is everywhere!

yes

dont get inked at once spread it out thru sessions

Yep. And it is bad because if you mess with it at ALL - this includes putting topicals on it as well as picking or scratching - the ink gets pushed out. I've got a tatoo that needs to be redone due to this.

If you want to take the risk and do it (after all, tats are nice) then make sure you are fully, 100% healed. Like, months and months past the wound kind of healed. Also, don't get a tat just because you want to cover something unless it's a tat you've already wanted and that spot is where you've always wanted it. Tatoo removal only scars you more.

yes - and if it's a bad one you may lose the ink in that portion.

Hi ayla! :wub:

<----- :dance:

yes. i have a really big chest piece and sometimes when i sweat too much i get a pimple on my chest where my tattoo is.

That sucks.

yes

dont get inked at once spread it out thru sessions

I guess I will just do my arm or something.

Yep. And it is bad because if you mess with it at ALL - this includes putting topicals on it as well as picking or scratching - the ink gets pushed out. I've got a tatoo that needs to be redone due to this.

If you want to take the risk and do it (after all, tats are nice) then make sure you are fully, 100% healed. Like, months and months past the wound kind of healed. Also, don't get a tat just because you want to cover something unless it's a tat you've already wanted and that spot is where you've always wanted it. Tatoo removal only scars you more.

True. I gotta find another cure for bacne! :D

Guest kiwikali

ooh i'm getting a tattoo on my ribcage hopefully soon! i'm so excited!

i have no idea if there is a connection between acne and tattoos though.