Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well my derm told me i could take my dosage once a day .. but as i was going thru Roche's study on accutane they state.. "the saftey of once daily dosing with Accutane has not been established. Once daily dosing is not recommended" .. got me kinda paranoid

well my derm told me i could take my dosage once a day .. but as i was going thru Roche's study on accutane they state.. "the saftey of once daily dosing with Accutane has not been established. Once daily dosing is not recommended" .. got me kinda paranoid

Yep. There haven't been exhaustive studies on once daily dosing. If you're able to split the dose throughout the day, please do so. If you're splitting your dose then you're taking in smaller amounts of the medicine which could help with the side effects. For instance, I take 20mg in the AM and 40mg in the PM. Whenever I take the PM dose I get sleepy and a little lightheaded. I spaced out one morning and took 40mg instead of 20mg and was totally useless at work - couldn't concentrate, flushed more than usual, had a headache, and was exhausted. I'm not saying this would happen to everyone, but I'd much rather take smaller doses throughout the day than megadosing once a day. Just a personal preference.

Would it make a difference as to the overall effect of the drug? I mean, once daily dosing would still work wouldnt it?

Would it make a difference as to the overall effect of the drug? I mean, once daily dosing would still work wouldnt it?

I doubt it would make a difference to the overall effect.