Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plython

Hydrogen Pyroxide Regimen Log

Hey all, I read about the Hydrogen Pyroxide treatment so I decided to try it. I'm a 15 year old male with mild-moderate acne. At the start of the treatment I had 3 active pimples, but lots of hyperpigmentation from past zits. =; I am also using Minocycline once a day in conjunction with this treatment.

When I apply the HP I rinse my face off and then pat dry it. I then get two cotton balls and smear my entire face with the first one. With the second one I just pat on the infected areas of my skin. I leave this on my skin and don't wipe it off.

Day One

I applied it today once at 12:00 in the afternoon and 9:00PM. My face was easier to move and felt lighter. The color of my redness lightened a bit, and some of it went away. Very promising for the first day.

Day Two

I applied the Hydrogen Pyroxide this morning at 6:30AM and my skin throughout the day wasn't dry or oily biggrin.gif/ The redness stayed about the same from yesterday throughout today.

I put another layer of HP on at about 6:00PM, and it lightened my acne and made some of the red dots go away. So far it looks as though my acne will go away in a couple weeks.

are you sure the red dots are just disappearing?:/ They're usually deep beneath the skin, running through many layers. Which is why they take a long time to get rid of. To be able to get rid of them after a quick wash with something is quite a ridiculous idea. You need to wait for around 3 weeks before you can gauge whether or not something has helped your face (this goes for any topical medication).

Plython!

You MUSTN'T use Hydrogen Peroxide like you are! It's dangerous to use it all over your face for prolonged periods of time. It causes free radical cell damage by releasing unstable molecules and can damage your skin permanently. You should stop using it IMMEDIATELY. A lot of the more experienced members can give you more information, but you must stop it straight away.

I'm on it for 10 days. If I experience any negative side effect I will quit rigt away.

And yes my red dots are dissapearing.

You won't notice free radical cell damage.. it happens inside your cells. I can't make you stop but I strongly advise you to stop it immediately.

It causes damage to your internal cells which (I think) can turn into cancer in the future. I'm not sure EXACTLY what it does, but suffice it to say it is very dangerous and you should stop it. frances can probably offer more insight to this - frances?

Update

I am no longer on this regimen, my face got fucked up from it ](*,) I have less acne now but I got blotches of whiteness on my skin and the redness is a lot darker. #-o

Yeah, I should have listened to you guys sad.gif

Sorry to hear man, but hopefully other people learn from experiences. Maybe you should try Botchlas Regimen if your not on prescription drugs.

wow man, maybe you should tell your derm. about what your have done. Use really small amounts of the perscription to lessen redness also.