Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I rarely get actual pimples. I do get black heads -- all over my nose (normal) and on my cheeks. What I seem to be getting now are raised clogged pores all over my forehead and around my chin, and then deeper clogged pores all. over. my cheeks. If the skin is pulled gently you can see the yellow spots under the skin.

I'm looking for a way to get all this crap out of my skin. I do a mask 2x a week with natural ingredients from a company called Origins.

As far as a cleanser... when I wear makeup I use natural oils to remove most of it, then exfoliate/wash with a got2B (mostly natural) scrub or another cleanser. I also use Nivea Moisturizing Toner (when I wear makeup and need to make sure all is off) and then a Clean & Clear medicated anti-acne moizturizer that doesn't leave me greasy.

would drink TONS of water help with teh clogginess? I know I do not drink too much water.

I'm at wit's end! :(

You absolutely have to stop using these "natural" products on your skin. Many of them contain irritating ingredients that have no benefit for the skin other than cause an inflammatory response. Also, the more you dry out your skin with these products the more oil your glands will produce. Please read a book called don't go to the cosmetics counter without me by Paula Begoun, she also has a website where you can look up ingredients and read further info on acne management. Her regime is actually very similar to the one on this site, and it works. www.cosmeticscop.com Please be patient with it, you will see reslults in a couple of weeks.

Start using Mandelic Acid serum(order from betterhealthyskin.com or dianayvonne.com). It will clear you up nicely, but expect an initial breakout the first couple of days.

Also, the more you dry out your skin with these products the more oil your glands will produce.

You're new around here, so you're not aware that sebaceous glands don't work that way. There is no regulatory mechanism that controls how much oil they produce, based on how "dry" your skin is. They just do their thing 24 hours a day, producing oil continuously. Various hormonal factors can influence how much oil they produce, but not superficial aspects of the neighboring skin.