Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pierre boucher

does smoking weed affect my acne?

Need I mention the OTHER more SERIOUS consequences of smoking weed? Acne is the least of your worries mate. Get some help.

Need I mention the OTHER more SERIOUS consequences of smoking weed? Acne is the least of your worries mate. Get some help.

Take a step off your high horse and try helping the guy eh? And please, enlighten us to these 'SERIOUS' consequences of smoking dope, asides from the legal ramifications.

Anyways, to the OP, as far as I can tell, smoking dope doesn't really effect acne all that much, though the smoke is pretty dirty, so I would recommend cleansing or just rinsing with water afterwords.

all of my best friends smoke pot and they have clear skin..but maybe it depends on the person? i wouldn't risk it personally

I really believe pot doesnt affect acne.. I thought this too cuz I rlly did smoke alot.. but after just going on the water routine and being "natural".. My face has cleared up alot.

and guess what.. I still smoke alot of weed .. lol

http://www.students.ubc.ca/health/question...e=1&view=14

On this site, it says that marijuana dries the skin out, and I'm no expert on skin, but it might help acne some.

But if your only reason for smoking pot is to get better skin, there are lots of better ways that won't damage your body in the long run like marijuana will. But you sound like you enjoy it, so you'd probably do it anyway, whether you had bad skin or not.

http://www.students.ubc.ca/health/question...e=1&view=14

On this site, it says that marijuana dries the skin out, and I'm no expert on skin, but it might help acne some.

But if your only reason for smoking pot is to get better skin, there are lots of better ways that won't damage your body in the long run like marijuana will. But you sound like you enjoy it, so you'd probably do it anyway, whether you had bad skin or not.

This quote is from that website you linked.

"marijuana contributes to acne. There is new evidence that marijuana first raises then lowers testosterone levels. These hormone fluctuations can affect clarity of the skin."

wuts yer problem fuk

I realize this was uncalled for, I apologize.

I only act this way because a good friend of mine as become seriously addicted to weed and it has basically ruined his life, I'd hate to see it happen to others. On other note he has perfect skin :confused:

my grandma said it did but i unno. wut do u guys think is there any chance smoking weed cood have a negative effect on my face/back/chest?

I personally wouldnt worry too much about it. I used to smoke alot more pot and strangely enough I started breaking out soon after I quit. :think: I would consider the damage to your lungs more serious.

I personally wouldnt worry too much about it. I used to smoke alot more pot and strangely enough I started breaking out soon after I quit. :think: I would consider the damage to your lungs more serious.

Same thing happened to me! I used to smoke every day, and then, after I quit at the beginning of February, my face broke out crazy-style. Thank goodness I found The Regimen.

I think pot does effect your skin to some extent, it depletes collegen levels in the skin the same as cigerette smoke does, and it resticts oxygen levels in your blood so it woudl relaly dry out your skin if you arn't careful, but your lungs woudl be your main concern.

please do mention the other more serious consequences im curious.

the only effect of marijuana on acne that can be argued would be the burnt by products of marijuana exposed to your skin while smoking.

but thnk about all the byproducts already in ther air that you are exposed to daily

the only effect of marijuana on acne that can be argued would be the burnt by products of marijuana exposed to your skin while smoking.

but thnk about all the byproducts already in ther air that you are exposed to daily

Just Google it if you really want to know, you'll find a bunch of reasons why smoking weed is bad.

Some of the symptoms of prolonged marijuana use are:

Difficulty remembering things

Damaged perception of time

Difficulty concentrating

Anxiety

Paranoia

Breathing Problems < -- My friend who smokes weed regularly, has enormous trouble breathing, which his doctor attributed to inhaling marijuana.

But anyway I'm not here to start an argument about smoking weed, I already apologized to pierre boucher for saying that to him.

As for it's effects on acne, I really don't know.. I do know that it drys out your skin, but that's nothing a good moisturizer can't fix right?

Just Google it if you really want to know, you'll find a bunch of reasons why smoking weed is bad.

Difficulty concentrating

Anxiety

Paranoia

Breathing Problems < -- My friend who smokes weed regularly, has enormous trouble breathing, which his doctor attributed to inhaling marijuana.

But anyway I'm not here to start an argument about smoking weed, I already apologized to pierre boucher for saying that to him.

As for it's effects on acne, I really don't know.. I do know that it drys out your skin, but that's nothing a good moisturizer can't fix right?

its all about staying in control. Ive had a friend who smoked 3 days a week for a semester of school, and by the end of the semester he said he was feeling the effects and had to slow down.

but it all depends on the person and I think how your face responds depends on the person.

I also think that alcohol might be worse than weed when you consider the frequency at which people blackout (at least during college) compared to people getting ridiculously stoned.

Difficulty concentrating

Anxiety

Paranoia

its all about staying in control. Ive had a friend who smoked 3 days a week for a semester of school, and by the end of the semester he said he was feeling the effects and had to slow down.

but it all depends on the person and I think how your face responds depends on the person.

I also think that alcohol might be worse than weed when you consider the frequency at which people blackout (at least during college) compared to people getting ridiculously stoned.

Hey.

i used to smoke weed daily. (with perfect skin, mind you) I don't really think that it did anything. Keep enjoying your reefer kid. Acne can be caused by a combination or just one thing. i doubt its from smoking pot.

Lily

Smoking weed can lead to the munchies!

Making you want to eat crappy food most of the time.. :)

Anyway.. If someone wants to smoke pot who cares?

That's their decision.. If it hurts their life then so be it..

They made their choice.

Doing whatever you do in life you learn from it all...

If you think it makes you have acne and you don't want to have acne.. then don't smoke weed.

if it doesn't hurt you one bit and you have great skin.. then do whatever makes you happy.

Just as long as you are happy is what matters more than anything.

I smoked weed every day, multiple times a day for 4 years and have negative permanent effects from it and overall it was a waste of time and it slowed me down in my life...So yeah, while I still think it's relatively harmless when used in moderation and that alcohol is much worse, this shit can still do you bad over long periods of time...Of course it also depends on the person but any young teen shouldn't be smoking this shit and if they do it should be occasionally...

As for skin...I had basically perfect skin in high school aside from the occasional pimple that would pop up every month or 2. Other than that my complexion was very even toned and the weird part is I hardly took care of myself back then, ate like shit and never really washed my face often. Guess I got lucky back then. That or the saying "less is more" is true.. That or my hormones kicked in late...Or once I got out of high school and have to deal with change, college and work I got stressed from it and maybe THAT effected my hormones...Who knows.

As for the weed effecting hormones which can effect your skin...It's possible but it depends on the person...For some people maybe their hormones will be balanced properly after smoking weed and their skin will clear up, who knows really...Generally though, smoke wafting over your skin is probably more harm than help but I doubt it leads to significant amounts of acne. I know plenty people with perfect skin that smoke daily, some who had bad skin when they were younger but cleared up and some people with acne all over the place that smoke daily.

i believe it does i use to smoke weed a lot for like 3 months after i quite i saw a big difference and people use to tell me well i always use make up but the only way to find out is by quiting and i strongly recommend that and dont drink or smoke cigarete they worsen your skin belive me i wish i couldve stay drug alcohol and ciggarete free....but its a bit late for me dont let yourself get in that position laser and all those treatments cost a lot more than a dime.....

what drug remains harmless when it is abused as opposed to used? smoke weed every day, there will be negative effects. get drunk every day, there will be negative effects.

you can become dependent on any substance depending on individuality.

certain smoke can irritate your skin, i had a bad breakout after smoking a cigar after opening up my pores for a nightly cleansing.