Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am definitley one of those people who just can't not wear make up until my skin clears, but I really don't want it to get worse because of it. My usual routine is to apply moisturizer (really need a good new one, any suggestions), let it dry, put on foundation, concealor where needed (i.e. everywhere) and then powder. Am not sure powder's a great idea though, the application sponge gets kind of cakey really quickly, so I think I may be transfering bacteria from my powder to my face and vice versa every time I use it! The thing is, leaving my face powder free looks really weird, I look shiny and mask like, and I think that powder sets the whole thing. Agh! Dunno what to do! Any ideas, suggestions?

I am definitley one of those people who just can't not wear make up until my skin clears, but I really don't want it to get worse because of it. My usual routine is to apply moisturizer (really need a good new one, any suggestions), let it dry, put on foundation, concealor where needed (i.e. everywhere) and then powder. Am not sure powder's a great idea though, the application sponge gets kind of cakey really quickly, so I think I may be transfering bacteria from my powder to my face and vice versa every time I use it! The thing is, leaving my face powder free looks really weird, I look shiny and mask like, and I think that powder sets the whole thing. Agh! Dunno what to do! Any ideas, suggestions?

If you're going to use a sponge you must change it regularly, or get a washable reusable kind. But more preferrably, invest in a brush and wash it daily.

use a different sponge each time you apply liquid make-up and clean your brushes so you wont have a build up of bacteria.

and i think youre not using a great foundation, thats why you may look weird.