Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fribjits

What to do about scars + wrinkles. (Pics included)

So I've FINALLY got my acne to die down. Thx to some meds/other stuff I don't get any more whiteheads, used to get em daily, now I havent had one for months.

This is awesome and grand and all. but I've had acne for the past 7 years, and I got some icky scarring/wrinkles

Not only that but I a kinda strange set of wrinkle lines on my forehead.

These kinda suck because I'm only 20 and I already gots wrinkles and my skin looks all yuck D:

I'm not sure what kind of scars I have, etc so i was just wondering what sort of products/procedures I should use for maximum face-not-look-so-badness. xD

Please and thanks.

post-71335-1214897930_thumb.jpg

post-71335-1214898014_thumb.jpg

post-71335-1214898192_thumb.jpg

post-71335-1214897930_thumb.jpg

post-71335-1214898014_thumb.jpg

post-71335-1214898192_thumb.jpg

Do you spend a lot of time out in the sun by any chance? If you do, stop. Wear a hat and/or sunscreen if you have to be out in the sun. Other than that, you could talk to your derm about prescription products that are supposed to help with the scarring. A lot of people swear by ACV on here, though. I think it takes a while to be effective though. A lot of people on here are also big proponents of AHA products to help with scarring and hyperpigmentation. If you go to the treatment reviews section of the website, I think you'll see a good list of readily-available products for scarring and redness.

Do you spend a lot of time out in the sun by any chance? If you do, stop. Wear a hat and/or sunscreen if you have to be out in the sun. Other than that, you could talk to your derm about prescription products that are supposed to help with the scarring. A lot of people swear by ACV on here, though. I think it takes a while to be effective though. A lot of people on here are also big proponents of AHA products to help with scarring and hyperpigmentation. If you go to the treatment reviews section of the website, I think you'll see a good list of readily-available products for scarring and redness.

I was going to say the same thing. The wrinkles are from too much sun. Use retin-A and suncreen all the time.

I assume you are Caucasian, this is very typical Caucasin tends to develop fine wrinkles at an extremely young age. This problem arises partly because of genetics and the color of one skin. If you lead a unhealthy lifestyle smoking and rinking it can increase the number of wrinkles you have, stay out of the sun if possible. Your forehead the best option there is botox without any doubt since the wrinkles only appear when you smile or raise your eyebrows, under relax states they don't tend to appear

OOOPS also forgot to ad thaqt sometimes acne scars may cause wrinkle like condition instead of true wrinkles