Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yn512

from whiteheads to pustules?

Hi, i'm 20, and last year I started getting pustules.

My whole life i just used soap and my face was pretty amazing for a teenager, last year it got worse (but not even that bad) , and I started DkR. Since its been way worse, the main problem being - instead of whiteheads - I was getting pustules that took a lot longer to go away and were HUGE. It may be coincidence that it started after starting dkr. (i stopped dkr after 2 months of my face getting worse)

Ya, my problem is every couple days i get a couple of red spots that turn into huge pustules by the morning. So big that I have to pop them - yes, i have to. They are almost always really inflamed and take way longer to go away in the region I doused (sp?) my face in BP.

I know pustules form because the walls break down or something, but I am wondering if anyone knows somehting that could cauase that.

I also have been getting sick a lot in the past year? immune system might be failing me? could be coincidence as well.

please post yyour thoughts. thanks

Sick, as in stomach pain or ill, like a cold or something? If you have alot of stomach pain I suggest you go check out if you have/are celiaki, lactose intolerant, diabetes and allergies. Those could all effect your acne as well. In case of colds, have you been proparly dressed everytime you have gone out through the year? I usually avoid getting the seasonal fevers and sore throats by simply having enough clothes on. Cold temperatures makes your immune system weaker.

How big exactly do the pustules get? Bigger than your fingertip? One of the reasons you might get them frequently is because of the popping. The follicle walls erupt very easily.

- I meant just different illnesses - not anything recurring

- And when I mean huge, i mean clearly noticeable from over 5 ft.

- Now when you say popping, do you mean that previous popping could cause future pustules instead of just like whiteheads?

-thanks

- Now when you say popping, do you mean that previous popping could cause future pustules instead of just like whiteheads?

Yes, I meant exactly that. When you apply any kind of pressure, ever so slightly, on one part of your face it can effect your hole face.

hmm, so you mean say i pop a whitehead around the right side of my lip. It makes it more likely that i would get pustules around my whole face?

I'm not saying ur wrong but that doesn't make too much sense to me. Please explain

I only get pustules in one area, other areas i get rare bumps or whiteheads which i pop and never cause any problems.

Hmm sounds like what happened to me... I still don't know the cause of my sudden breakout as i had great skin as a teenager. hell broke loose when i turned 20.

I think i had a little hormone surge for a few months and now it's really winding down. almost back to normal.

I did change my lifestyle though to get my skin back and really am working hard to achieve clear skin.

I'm not really 100% sure about this, but it sounds very logical to me. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

All the blood vessels, nerves and muscles are connected, aren't they? If you got one pustule on your face it's very likely that at least the immediate surrounding skin is also very fragile. So, if you pop one pustule the follicle wall/s in the surrounding area may erupt too. Then your blood carries away traces of whatever is the result of your popping to other areas of your face, but the follicle walls over there are strong enough to hold it, so you will just get normal bumps and zits.

I guess that makes sense to a degree and is a possibility. Maybe not the answer i was hopign for :think: haha.

Hmm sounds like what happened to me... I still don't know the cause of my sudden breakout as i had great skin as a teenager. hell broke loose when i turned 20.

I think i had a little hormone surge for a few months and now it's really winding down. almost back to normal.

I did change my lifestyle though to get my skin back and really am working hard to achieve clear skin.

just curious, were you more stressed or less happy whne you turned 20?

I also pop my pimples :[ but I try to be as clean as possible. In the shower after I pop one I wash that area with Ivory soap then when iam done I wash my whole face twice with 2 different kinds of face wash. It doesnt look like it spreads when I do that.