Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dcgc90

I'm pretty bummed out about this...

So, I'm 18 and have what I think could be considered as mild acne. Acne has a history in my family, a bad one. My brother inherited one of the worst acne cases I've seen, and I was next, but luckily we did something about me while we still could. I was on accutane, twice, for a bout 8 months each time (that's how serious acne is in my family). Accutane did a great job while it lasted, not one pimple, but since its so invasive and such a strong drug, my derm decided I shouldn't take it anymore.

So, I wasn't on any drugs for a bout 6 months... I had breakout but they weren't the end of the world (even though my self esteem was very affected). Lately, I've been breaking out a lot... right now I have both cheeks in pretty bad shape, and my forehead isn't so well either. I started Mynociclin 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen improvement, its actually getting worsewhen its supposed to at least help a bit by lowering bacteria... Well, I dont want to leave the house or do anything, I'm too self conscious, my self esteem is going down again, and I hate feeling like this, all these big red bumps on my face won't let me have a normal life.

So, the thing is, How bad do you think I actually am, should I be as self concious as I am right now? Also, has anyone used Mynociclin on severe acne? (mines not SEVERE but it runs in my family as I said)

I just took these pictures... Sorry about the resolution, its a 2MP camera, but you can still have a clue as to how it looks. Can anyone answer my questions please, I need to know if thid is as bad as -I'm making it (and yes, I'm aware It could be worse, but I neeed to know how bad it is as if you saw me walking down the street right now). Oh and sorry about not posting the pics, I have no photobucket, but they're about 300kb so please download them, I just attached them.

Thanks!

post-78869-1214896012_thumb.jpg

post-78869-1214896030_thumb.jpg

post-78869-1214896012_thumb.jpg

post-78869-1214896030_thumb.jpg

i used doxycyclin (sorta the same as monocyclin) on my severe ance along with erythromycin less than a year ago and it cleared me up about 80%. 1 week ago i had some major breakouts(worse than yours) and i used doxycyclin and it helped a lot to clear the breakout. For me the antibiotics only made my acne better. Drugs have different effects on different people so idk. I dont think taking monocyclin is causing your acne to be worse. You seem to have only like 3-4 pimples on both cheeks and some redness and they don't seem to have whiteheads or anything so antibiotics probally wont do much. But what do i know im not a derm...

As for your acne I dont think its that bad. If i saw u walking down the street with your acne i'd say u were just like anyone else i see on the street and wouldnt even care about your acne. You shouldnt let your mildish acne keep you from going out.

atlest ur acne is not as bad as mine either.... u r just another guy for me at the street... cheer up dude... coz everyone here has mild to moderate acne.....

I have mild acne, too - it's how persistant it is that drove me to seek help for it. Glad you're here!