Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you guys ever see someone who is upset with really clear skin and think how good their life is? I see myself doing this a lot. Whenever a friend or someone I know is sad I want to shake them and tell them it will be okay. They have clear skin, their problems will pass, so what are they worrying about?

I wish I could give someone with good skin acne for a month so they could see the things that bother them aren't so bad. For me it seems no matter what I try to accomplish, I will always be ugly and have this bad skin. And I know that it is a terrible way to think. I just can't feel better about myself. Does anyone else think this way?

yeah the funniest thing is if one of them gets "ONE ZIT" and they act like their life is over...

If you keep at it, you'll eventually get your acne under control. I'd rather have some scarring than a messed up leg joint or shockingly limited brain power, like some people I've met.

Good point, oort. I try not to complain about my skin to people. People have had it worse than me and people have had it better. Someone is always going to be uglier and someone is going to be prettier.

WTF

you act like acne is the worst thing on earth...

you may not know what your friends are going through...maybe they'll even want to replace theyre problams with yours (Acne).

People who have clear skin have other problam, maybebe worse or maybe less worse than acne.

you gotta keep it all in proportions, acne will eventually go away, but there are things that just wont.

I agree with Mr. T.... just because someone has clear skin doesn't mean their problems will dissolve easier because they do not have acne. What if someone who had perfect skin had a mom who was dying of cancer? Would you shake her and tell her to shut up because at least SHE doesn't have acne? I didn't think so.

Guest Brandon

What I don't get about "clear skinners" is how they have clear skin. I mean....the average clear skin person just uses a basic over-the-counter wash or bar of soap. And yet, nothing. Like one zit, if that.

Meanwhile I'm going through tons of different products, putting fucking vinegar and all this other shit on my face before I finally see a slight improvement, and I'm doing fucking cartwheels! What an injustice. It's insanity.

I agree with Mr. T.... just because someone has clear skin doesn't mean their problems will dissolve easier because they do not have acne.  What if someone who had perfect skin had a mom who was dying of cancer?  Would you shake her and tell her to shut up because at least SHE doesn't have acne?  I didn't think so.

I hate superficial highschool problems though...the ones you always hear about in the hallway. Such and such broke up with such and such, you broke sum1's heart, you hurt my feelings, we did this last night and such and such. People who think they're life is bad for stupid reasons...sigh. I just want to be included in hallway gossip...

I would say that yeah there are a lot worse things in life than acne but on a social/solitary life style ranking, it's up there. You've got burn victims, disfigurement then maybe acne...depends on your situation I guess.

Guest Brandon

And another thing...I've had to join a damn ACNE forum during my quest for clear skin. I mean wtf!

Forgot about burn victims...Imagine if Quang Duc survived that suicide protest. The monk in my signature. That son of a bitch would have had it bad.

I've felt like acne and scarring can be the most debilitating thing at times, but then when I clear up more I am sooo happy and in a way I'm grateful for being stronger and not taking things for granted. It's been kind of an up and down with my skin problems, but I don't lose hope. I know this is my "cross to bear" in life and everyone has something. Sure I have other big problems as well, things one might think is actually bigger than skin problems, but yet the skin problems just magnify every other problem more, so it definitely wears me down.

In general I think stressing over what one doesn't have in life in comparison to others is the most detrimental thing we can do. No one wants to sympathize with us and they shouldn't have to. The universe doesn't really care because in reality there are people starving and being abused and life still goes on. We just have to accept this. I have found peace in accepting that life's not fair or perfect and I can only do the best I can and try to be happy. I actually am happier. biggrin.gif

Thanks guys! O:) I will still get down at times because of skin, but if you have love in your life that is worth so much! My husband is in the army and overseas now and I realize how much I took for granted with him here. Life has so much more to it than just having good skin and we should enjoy every aspect of it we can. Also don't be scared to tell others in person how you feel at times, don't keep it all bottled up inside. Take Care, tricia

I believe what Disgusting is trying to say is that EVERYONE has problems. Us, and people with clear skin..it's just we have this to bear on top of those problems that everyone else has. And inturn most of us (I'm not generalizing here) end up with psychological problems from it. I do understand what Tricia is saying and her post was beautiful; however it does not change that fact that those of us who have joined this form are fighting a huge battle everyday of our lives.

I believe what Disgusting is trying to say is that EVERYONE has problems. Us, and people with clear skin..it's just we have this to bear on top of those problems that everyone else has. And inturn most of us (I'm not generalizing here) end up with psychological problems from it. I do understand what Tricia is saying and her post was beautiful; however it does not change that fact that those of us who have joined this form are fighting a huge battle everyday of our lives.

In response to this post on comparing ourselves to others I thought the following quotes on happiness were pretty good:

Happiness ain't a thing in itself--it's only a contrast with something that ain't pleasant.

This definition of happiness by Mark Twain in Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven

Happiness: An agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery of another.

This definition of happiness by Ambrose Bierce

Life can be divided into the horrible and miserable.

This not-so-happy thought by Woody Allen in Annie Hall

To be truly happy and contented, you must let go of what it means to be happy or content.

This happy thought by Confucius

You will never be happier than you expect. To change your happiness, change your expectation.

This happiness quote by Bette Davis

I also like this last quote because even with skin problems we all hope for that day when it's gone, and if we haven't killed ourselves we probably have at least an inkling of hope that things will get better:

Hope is itself a species of happiness, and, perhaps, the chief happiness which this world affords.

This quote on happiness by Samuel Johnson

^ So we are suppose to accept someones elses view of happiness? Not everyone is the same.

Happiness is confidence and self worth. I believe I have way worse problems in life (whihc I won't get into) then "those people," which are alot more serious. Ontop of that I have acne and bacne since I was 12 (I'm 19 now), I'm very hairy for my age, and I have the skin disease where you lose pigmint in your skin which causes white spots.

My point was it is your perception on whether you should be happy or not that makes you happy. You obviously perceive that since you have physical problems you can not be confident and feel you have no self worth. (If that is what you meant) That will make you unhappy and as low (as equally low) as the next poor soul.

However if you were a parapalegic and couldn't move anything like Christopher Reeve and many others who had a bad accident, you might jump for joy at the chance of fighting acne instead and maybe learn to deal with your other problems. You would be happy because your hope for a better day was answered and you perceive yourself lucky.

My life isn't exactly a bowl of cherries right now but I've decided being happy is better than being sad and I don't want people to feel sorry for me because it is depressing.

I see people with clear skin every day and I used to to hate everyone I saw who was clear.

Then I realized everyone has problems in there lives. Alot of beautiful people have the biggest mental issues. Very few of them are happy.

Hello,

Well I agree with the fact that everyone has problems...some more than others though. Ive had acne since I was 13 and am now 19. I also suffer from kyphosis(hunchback) which is another disfiguring diesease. As you can imagine I am very self-aware about my situation. My father passed away about a year and a half ago. He went through very severe cystic acne which didnt go away till he was 30. Sure my acne gets me down ALOT but i know that my father is looking down on me giving me strength to get through this shit....and if he got through it i know i can. It hurt me greatly when he went and made me relize that there are more important things in life than worrying about acne. Like i say...it still gets me down but i will manage...if not for me but for him.

btw first post =P~

O:)

I ever had depression because of my acne and it was so tough to overcome this until severals later. I realised that i should live with it and do not view myself in the mirror so much because I will definitely feel so down once i see my acne face. Last time i really always view myself in the mirror. The more i saw myself ... more depressed. So please try not to do this. Although people will comment that i have acne (as if its my fault) but nowadays i just simply dont care. As long i have good personality, people will not really care about my acne. My inner beauty will be better than external beauty. Eating a good diet with less junks will definitely give u less breakouts. Be determined to take care of health which will promote overall health is more important. Taking other medications will worsen the health in future as the body is accummulating the harmful drug content. Relying on such is dangerous. I tried and side effects aint good. Makes u feel more depressed.