Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cold water constricts pores, so would a product (such as a gel) with a cooling agent inhibit oil production over time? It could chemically retain its coolness for hours, keeping pores nice and happy.

What do you all think of this idea?

Well if anyone finds something for oily skin PLEASE let me know cuz while I got rid of my acne I swear I have the oiliest skin in the world!!!! Ugh I hate it! Makeup won't even stay on my face cuz it just slides off with all the oil and I use those blot sheets and usally I have to use two at one time cuz one isn't enough!! =-(

Cold water constricts pores, so would a product (such as a gel) with a cooling agent inhibit oil production over time? It could chemically retain its coolness for hours, keeping pores nice and happy.

What do you all think of this idea?

As you describe it, it sounds good, but unfortunately pores do not change size, or open or close, based on temperature.

This is a common misconception.

Basically, hot water plumps your skin, so the skin surface is slightly stretched, making the pore openings appear larger...cold water does the opposite (shrinkage!) so the pore opening LOOKS smaller...however, the pore itself remains exactly the same size.

Pore size can be changed by various means, but not by temperature. So, for example, steaming your face to open pores is really useless....although there have been theories that the heat helps decrease sebum viscosity, making plugs easier to extract.

Also, I wouldn't like my face being cold all the time. :)

Theres actually a product that does what youre talking about i think...I use this product to set my makeup. I found it at ulta for about 30 bucks. It's called "Makeup Finishing Spray" by Skindinavia. It claims to lower the makeup surface area to prevent makeup from sliding,melting, and color loss.

http://www.skindinavia.com/web/makeup-finishing-spray.html

Take a look !! :)

Theres actually a product that does what youre talking about i think...I use this product to set my makeup. I found it at ulta for about 30 bucks. It's called "Makeup Finishing Spray" by Skindinavia. It claims to lower the makeup surface area to prevent makeup from sliding,melting, and color loss.

http://www.skindinavia.com/web/makeup-finishing-spray.html

Take a look !! :)

Wow cool product missy; is it any good in your experience?

This product does work for me. Of course it does not control my oily skin completly for a really long time, but it does keep my face looking less oily, set my makeup and keep it from smearing and changing into an orangy-foundation mess. Check out this link on makeupalley.com (if youve never heard of this site you should really check it out... it has reviews on basicly every product known to man)

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showrev...imer/_Corrector

^ Here is the link for this product I mentioned, and several very positive reviews/descriptions about it