Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have small icepick scars and a few clustered boxcars. I recently tried needling on my self however 2 weeks after it doesnt look better they look worse! I dont think I over needled but i did bleed alot and for some reason did not scab!I also read on here where you shouldnt use retinae or pan oxyl before or after but then read on here from someone else that you should use retiae before and after. I dont know if I just havnt waited long enough or if I screwed up somehow. So im now looking at tca cross. Does anyone have any insites on which of these two procedures works better for icepick and boxcar scars?I was going to get a dermaroller but now am considering tca and just plain confused. please anyone with any help I would so appreciate!

I've had trouble finding pics of boxcars///Are they the kind that are indented like someone just cut the patch of skin out and the edges look like a sideways V? This is what I have in some spots, along with rolling scars....I tried to needle myself once on one of these scars and kind of chickened out. I punctured the skin once but it didn't bleed or scab. The skin just seemed to swell up a bit afterwards. I did feel/hear the "magic crack" when I did it though, so I definitely got through some scar tissue. I was so tense doing it though that I had to stop right there

I'm looking into having a professional tattoo/permanent makeup artist do my needling for me

Actually Im saying its boxcar because it doesnt seem to fit in any other category. I know i have icepick scars but this one in particular is like a oblong saucer like scar thats pretty darn deep!And whats driving me nuts is that to me (and my too honest mother) it look worse than before. Although I want to try it again,i dont think its worth it. I havnt heard of many having worse results after needling but seems as if I may be part of the unlucky few!!!

i think needling looks worse before it gets better cuz your breaking down tissue, you have to wait for the collagen and stuff to build back up