Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone? I've been on Botchla's Regimen for about 3 weeks now, but the blackheads don't seem to vanish. Only way I can get them away (some) is by squeezing them out..!

im in the same boat as u. Ive been on blochlas for a couple months also and still havent gotten these things out of my nose. I heard that hydrogen peroxide helps get them out so im trying that right now. Other than that i cant help much

Tried everything on my end aswell, the only thing that seems to be getting rid of it is accutane

I have read good things about that product Animegirl. But MAN is that pricey. ](*,) Paula's choice BHA is half the price and twice the size.

I just talk to my derm. about blackheads on my nose. He told me to go home, steam my face with hot water and then use the "blackhead revomal" (the one with the hole and you press it down on your blackhead). He said that will help with the blackheads. He also recommended microdermabrasion for blackhead.

Danny

Biore (and other brands) make strips that go over your nose. The ones I used... you wet your nose or wherever you want to put the strip, then place the strip ontop of your nose and then wait until the strip absorbs all the water and drys up. This creates an adhesive bond that latches onto the blackhead, and when you slowly lift the strip the blackheads come off with it.

It works quite well, maybe too well, because it can be irritating. It may take one layer of skin with it. When I used them, it would also lift the fine hairs on my nose. I would only do it once or twice a week max and use moisturiser afterwords or else your asking for troubles.

Maybe some blackheads are more stubborn then others? I don't know... but I can tell you that when I did use them it sure pulled up probably 90+% of the blackheads on my nose.

People may be ripping them off too quickly, that probably causes more irritation and makes them not work as well. I did this on the first one I ever used, and didn't get much on the strip. But on subsequent ones, I peeled it off very slowly, probably took 15 seconds to remove the strip entirely, the whole thing was coverd in blackheads. It even picked up the really tiny ones that you would have a hard time trying to squeeze out.

The gunk it leaves on your skin is just dried glue. It rinses off with the first splash of water that hits it.

It doesn't hurt THAT bad imo, but I suppose it depends on your pain threshold. Just don't expect it to be completely pain free, you are plucking blackheads directly out of your skin....

did your skin where the blackhead were go back to normal and nice and smooth or just fill in again later with more blackheads?

"I absolutely loved these. They pulled out the black yuckies that were hanging out on the cheek skin next to my nose, where I have large pores. Of course they came back, so I used it as a weekly/bi-monthy maintenance. But after about 3 boxes they stopped growing back and I didnt have to buy the product anymore. I still have some strips I've been keeping since 2001. I guess the black stuff got tired and left for good."

I'm gonna try them for a couple of weeks.

I've used these twice. They worked pretty good. I got a few little zits on my nose after using them so i'd use BP after using a strip. I think that if u use the blackhead clearing scrub you could probley keep the blackheads at bay. It's kind of like a hole filled with mud. You can't take all the mud out w/ just a shovel(Blackhead scrub), you need something bigger (pore strips) but once the whole starts out empty a little bit of matinence with the shovel should be good enough.

Biore pore strips are the best!

I usually have to use two or three in a row for optimum results, and the blackheads do come back in a week or two (even with a blackhead clearing scrub/salicylic acid! arrrgh!). And even then, it only gets maybe 60% of the blackheads. But, I don't find the process to be particularly painful or irritating, and nothing else that I've found works very well at all.

*shrug.* YMMV.

3 in a row? Wow, your skin must be very resilient. Even the package says no more then once every 3 days.

3 in a row? Wow, your skin must be very resilient. Even the package says no more then once every 3 days.

Squeezing is useless, end of story.

Pore Strips are too expensive to only porduce short term results, cause irritation, and cause pimples to replace the blackheads.

It is simply not worth it.

Also steaming and using an extractor will only get a few off and make barely any impact. Although steaming in itself can do some good if done right.

And Mother Strickland's Skin Relief is just an overpriced SA product, why bother.

Another blackhead thread with no answers *sigh*

Biore (and other brands) make strips that go over your nose. The ones I used... you wet your nose or wherever you want to put the strip, then place the strip ontop of your nose and then wait until the strip absorbs all the water and drys up. This creates an adhesive bond that latches onto the blackhead, and when you slowly lift the strip the blackheads come off with it.

It works quite well, maybe too well, because it can be irritating. It may take one layer of skin with it. When I used them, it would also lift the fine hairs on my nose. I would only do it once or twice a week max and use moisturiser afterwords or else your asking for troubles.

ya i love the ones with tea tree oil in em a few times pretty much clears my blackheads