Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahara

Foundation in the UK - which has the best coverage?

Anyone have any recommendations? All liquid foundations that I've tried have made my skin break out terribly. I currently use Funky Fresh mineral makeup which is great as I don't generally break out from it, but the coverage just isn't good enough. Either the full extent of my acne shows through, or it looks caked and really uneven - I just can't seem to get along with it.

So... any ideas? I'm open to any suggestions, as long as I can get it here in the UK.

i find that mineral makeup covers pretty well i use the lily lolo brand.when you apply your funky fresh minerals do you use a kabuki brush?if not you should get one as you should get a much fuller coverage.if your suffering from cakeiness maybe try a primer?i use aloe vera mixed with my normal moistriser and that seems to work really well for me.as for liquid foundations i dont know what to reconmend as im not much of a fan.have you tried revlon colourstay?that is meant to give good coverage and i dont think there is many comedgenic ingredients in it either....

Hi, I found that La Roche Posay is a great brand. The foundation I used to use was called Unifiance Corrective Make-up, also the concealor (which is in a little pot but lasts for months and months!). It's not cheap (aound Euro24.00, not sure what that is in sterling, maybe 15 or 16 pounds?). Anyway, it gives excellent coverage and I found it didn't irritate my skin. Was never quite sure what to do about powder though (given the oiliness of my complexion) so actually just stuck with Rimmel! I really would reccomend this though, would still be using it but can't find it where I'm living now!

i find that mineral makeup covers pretty well i use the lily lolo brand.when you apply your funky fresh minerals do you use a kabuki brush?if not you should get one as you should get a much fuller coverage.if your suffering from cakeiness maybe try a primer?i use aloe vera mixed with my normal moistriser and that seems to work really well for me.as for liquid foundations i dont know what to reconmend as im not much of a fan.have you tried revlon colourstay?that is meant to give good coverage and i dont think there is many comedgenic ingredients in it either....

Yes, I do use a kabuki brush but it's only a small one. I've not used a primer before, will give one a go. Perhaps it's just down to the way I'm applying it.

Hi, I found that La Roche Posay is a great brand. The foundation I used to use was called Unifiance Corrective Make-up, also the concealor (which is in a little pot but lasts for months and months!). It's not cheap (aound Euro24.00, not sure what that is in sterling, maybe 15 or 16 pounds?). Anyway, it gives excellent coverage and I found it didn't irritate my skin. Was never quite sure what to do about powder though (given the oiliness of my complexion) so actually just stuck with Rimmel! I really would reccomend this though, would still be using it but can't find it where I'm living now!

Thanks for that, will have a look.