Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
One_Love

What helps with calming yourself down.

I get mad and stressed fairly easy during everyday life. But I don't explode, I just hold it in. But I believe that during these stressful times, causes some degree of acne on my face.

What supplements helps you relax when you need it the most? I'm already taking fish oil, magnesium and a b-complex daily.

I am looking into St Johns Wart, 5-htp, and SAMe at this moment.

I know I miss my b-complex vitamins..without my vitamins, I am not functioning right..my temper..my moods, and my judgement...and my nerves..

I have been straight up EVIL, to people without my b- vitamins...I will get some more soon.

I heard kava kava, a herb helps...and Gaba ,I tried last yr helps as well.

What supplements helps you relax when you need it the most? I'm already taking fish oil, magnesium and a b-complex daily.

Wait. Supplements help you relax? Maybe supplements can help with stress but I think you really have to calm yourself down by yourself. Try to of course avoid stressful situations at all times as nothing good comes from them and do fun actives when you can to help you relax also.

Sorry for being mr. obvious but that's what needs to be said :)

l-theanine.

is this better than Valerian?, I know valerian is a sleep aid but its also used as a mood relaxer.

I think if u r really trying to be calm...u have to understand the things more than just medicines...

I usually think if someone got piss at me at work...( working in a very busy clothing store) I would just think they r just disappointed about couldnt find the stuffs

but a warm glass of water always makes me feel relaxed....take a deep breath n drink a warm glass of water slowly = calm!!

blah....look supplements are not gonna help with your stress.

Please do yourself a big favor and start learning about meditation and relaxation and positivity. Start here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Deep-medi...ms-t199314.html

didnt mean to come off as rude but its just that people on this board either are completely ignorant to holistic/mental/nutritional solutions for acne or they think its all about popping pills. Stress is complicated, and its not gonna be solved with supplements. Please look into all that, it could have a very profound effect on many aspects of your life.

Nature Made and other manufacturers usually have a combo they call something like a 'Stress Formula' of B-Complex, Zinc and C. I don't know what those do for stress, but those are good for acne as well. That's what I was taking when my skin first improved and got less oily.

Fish oil is also good for mood. Magnesium relaxes muscles, at least when you bathe in it from Epsom Salts.

Do you exercise? At least take a walk. You can think about and solve so many issues as you walk.

blah....look supplements are not gonna help with your stress.

Please do yourself a big favor and start learning about meditation and relaxation and positivity. Start here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Deep-medi...ms-t199314.html

didnt mean to come off as rude but its just that people on this board either are completely ignorant to holistic/mental/nutritional solutions for acne or they think its all about popping pills. Stress is complicated, and its not gonna be solved with supplements. Please look into all that, it could have a very profound effect on many aspects of your life.

Not true. Supplements and proper nutrition does have a huge impact on your mental world and emotions. I do agree with the importance of trying other solutions than just supplements and nutritions, though.

One_Love, do you eat/drink enough diary products every day? If not, I would recommend Ca and vitamin D supplments. It is a known fact that Calcium deficiency causes anger, frustration and stress (along with a bunch of other things). I know I go totally ballistic if I don't get my daily dairy intake.

ok look at it this way: you can cure your stress problems by being strong mentally without supplements, but you cant cure your stress with supplements without being strong mentally.

dont undermine my point for the sake of it, supplements alone will do nothing for you.

thats why theyre called "supplements". they are at best a compliment to whatever you do to cure your stress. if your going for the full package, sure theres a few supplements that will help, but there are bigger changes you have to make first. supplements are not the easy way out to any problem.

l-theanine.

is this better than Valerian?, I know valerian is a sleep aid but its also used as a mood relaxer.

L-theanine works amazingly for me. I only use and suggest using it when you actually feel stressed. I use it when I start getting a mild panic attack and get super stressed and depressed really fast, and I literally feel it working in 10 minutes and after a half hour it is a night and day differance.

Though, like others here have said;exercise, avoiding stressful situations, sleep, diet etc. are the long-term solutions- but i def recomend l-theanine (I use sun-theanine but idk if its better...) for those particularly stressful times.

I get mad and stressed fairly easy during everyday life. But I don't explode, I just hold it in. But I believe that during these stressful times, causes some degree of acne on my face.

I am looking into St Johns Wart, 5-htp, and SAMe at this moment.

you are on the right path here, emotional health i have come to believe is pretty much 80% of all health, if you have ever felt alot of stress and the feeling of having all of that relieved, its like you just took the healthiest pill ever.

I found that many of my beliefs about the world were causing me stress, and i would end up being stressed about something that hasnt happend yet or something i could never really know was true either way, its funny how our mind has the ability to do this, you could be in the safest place and totally ok, yet the reality you are experiancing in your mind is totally different, i strive to have my beliefs to accuratly represent reality and not believe my own bullshit or anyone elses for that matter, its the distance between what you believe and what is actually the case.

Sometimes our environment truly are stressful places to be, so change your environment if your stress correlates with it.

i suggest using melatonin to get the best sleep possible, when you have had bad sleep it effects how you perceive every event during that day.

Have a collection of great music to help you feel good and relax you, so whenever you feel a certain way you can do whatever you can to releive the pain.

Have good supportive relationships.