Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yeaboy78

Rate my acne & give me a treatment

1-10, 10 being the worst... this really isn't acne but a serious breakout I had... it was alot worse trust me.

Im 17

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6430/acne1hk6.jpg

Sorry I had to take it with a camera phone, dont have a digital camera....

Believe it or not this was me 1 week ago 100% clear...

http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=me1qh3.jpg

Please post a rating and treatment for me. I can't use dans regimen my mom wont let me order anything off line.

I couldnt get an appointment with a dermatologist but I got one with my regular doctor. My mom said when she was young they didn't have dermatologists so your regular doctor would give you anti-biotics and they would clear you ultra fast.

But please post anything that will help me out including consealers to cover this shit up. I really don't have oily or dry skin or anything

I want to try and get it atleast 40% clearer in 11 days before my vacation.

Thanks

I think you're actually a good candidate for Dan's regimen, you can use products that you can buy at Wal-Mart such as Purpose or Cetaphil Gentle Cleansers, then Neutrogena On the Spot Benzoyl Peroxide, and then Cetaphil Moisturizer. The picture isn't very clear, but I don't see any obvious scarring or cysts.

A light topical regimen might be good for you - perhaps the baby brush exfoliation method?

Ok what might the doctor perscribe for me, remember I dont have a dermatologist ... my mom things anti-biotics oral and topical... thoughts?

Unfortunately, someone else will have to answer derm related stuff. I've never been able to get the money to go to a derm. But we've got lots of members here who have plenty of experience in derm related matters!

I dont think your acne is really bad enough for oral antibiotics, maybe tetracycline. An amazing drugstore product that cleared me up in a week (no lie) is the Clean and Clear acne control kit.

you should try that while waiting for a doctor's advice

Ok how about my goal, 40% clearer in 11 days? Achievable?

You can never say for sure because we may have different skin types, but I believe in the clean and clear kit, it cleared me up in 7.

You can never say for sure because we may have different skin types, but I believe in the clean and clear kit, it cleared me up in 7.

How much is the C&C kit? Right now im using acnefree, 3 step program... I would feel beter if I was using something made by johnson & johnson...

How much is the C&C kit? Right now im using acnefree, 3 step program... I would feel beter if I was using something made by johnson & johnson...

Im pretty sure when I bought it it was 15 dollars, It was worth it though, gentle yet effective.

Don't go for antibiotics. In the long run they suck and stop working. Seriously, I second Elsewhere said: Get Benzoylperoxid (probably less than 10 Dollars, you don't need a derm, works in the long run, hardly any side effects).

Unless this is some kind of rash or reaction to I-don't-know-what, you will probably not be able to get rid of it in ten days. Nevertheless, the sooner you start treating it, the sooner it will be gone!