Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Not enough sleep = breakout?

I'm so tired today, the days I'm really tired I seem to get a breakout the next or couple of days later? Coincidence? I only got five hours last night :(, I brought one of those memory foam pillows and wasn't used to it.. anyone have any connections with sleep? I read that you should sleep at the same time every night and wake up around the same time the next day, preferably around sunrise.

also, do you guys find any trouble sleeping face on pillow and on your stomach?? I was a stomach sleeper before I got acne then I had to resort to sleeping on my back..

The body tends to do it's best healing while we are asleep, so lack of sleep or bad sleep could definately affect how your skin looks. Bad sleep also tends to make us careless about our skin and our skin care routines, and it can also affect our hormonal levels (which definately impacts our skin!) So you're on the right track with that line of logic!

I couldn't speak for the sleeping on the stomach or side thing, though - I could never train myself to sleep just one way.

yes,i always find lack of sleeps effects my skin. not necessarily leading to a bad breakout or anything,but the day after il have an overall bad complexion/skintone for some reason. a few little bump things might show up. i think im starting to get insomnia too :rolleyes: oh the joy

lack of sleep definitely shows through my skin. i try to get at least 8 hours each night.

also, if you change pillow sheets at least every other night, you probably won't have any problems with sleeping with your face on the pillow. i could never get used to sleeping on my back.

Sometimes I get only 2 hours of sleep per day, and it's obviously having a bad impact on my health. Yesterday I got to sleep at 6 AM. Maybe that's why my face is so badd. :|

I change my pillow sheets every other night, flipping the pillow over every night. I can't sleep on my back either. The pillow has very little to no impact on my face, as my right cheek touches the pillow, but my left still breaks out...

I'm so tired today, the days I'm really tired I seem to get a breakout the next or couple of days later? Coincidence? I only got five hours last night :(, I brought one of those memory foam pillows and wasn't used to it.. anyone have any connections with sleep? I read that you should sleep at the same time every night and wake up around the same time the next day, preferably around sunrise.

also, do you guys find any trouble sleeping face on pillow and on your stomach?? I was a stomach sleeper before I got acne then I had to resort to sleeping on my back..

You know I tried sleeping on my back and it was really uncomfortable for me. Then I read that keeping your spine straight (like in sleeping on your back) is quite unhealthy and can cause back problems. So now I sleep on my side again. I would get zits mostly on my right side cause thats the side I sleep on. So try changing your pillow case. But what I do is just put a fresh towel on my pillow everyday (if you dont want the hassle of changing the pillow case everytime). When you do your weekly laundry, wash 6-7 towels in one go. You can also flip the towel the next day. If your blanket keeps touching your face during the night, you might have to wash that too regularly.

I unno man 1 nite i got rip roaring drunk passed out for like 15 hours woke up n my acne was the worst its eva been

that's cause alcohol = acne.. DUH!