Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prettybow

"Sulfermethaxazole" Anyone use this for acne?

Ive been recommended this by several people that all had acne and they say it works wonders. I have no idea what it is, I never even heard of it, but they say it works really well. Anyone on it? I was wanting to hear how it worked for you before asking for it from my doc tomorrow! thanks

I am currently on the sulfameth (an antibiotic).. I have been on it since December. My face has definitely cleared up alot...I still have red marks, and I break out occasionally, but they are just little whiteheads that go away in a couple days. I am also taking Zinc to help heal the pimples faster. I was on sulfametg a couple years ago, and it did wonders for my face..this time is proving to be very successful too! I would definitely recommend it!

I am currently on the sulfameth (an antibiotic).. I have been on it since December.  My face has definitely cleared up alot...I still have red marks, and I break out occasionally, but they are just little whiteheads that go away in a couple days.  I am also taking Zinc to help heal the pimples faster.  I was on sulfametg a couple years ago, and it did wonders for my face..this time is proving to be very successful too! I would definitely recommend it!

I had moderate acne...I mainly broke out on my cheeks...I got a few cysts every now and then. I didnt have any side effects on the bactrim...the only thing I can tell you is to avoid going out in the sun for a long periods of time without sunblock because it does make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.