Notifications
Clear all

Folliculitis ruined my faith in GOD!

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 06/30/2008 10:35 am

Sorry for the rambling but I feel really alone and I need someone to hear me.

My name is Mike and I am 30 years old. It has gotten to the point where I can't wear a t-shirt anymore because the Folliculitis has reached the inner elbows. Psychologically it has been soo bad for me. I have no confidence anymore and my self esteem is at an all time low. I dont see the point in being around anymore. It's funny because I receive stares and compliments from many females that I am an attractive man and that I must have soo many girlfirends. If they only knew the truth.

During the Winter time I can get away with wearing long sleeve shirts and that is when I have some confidence and the opposite gender is all over me. But when Summer comes , it just ruins me when I am wearing a t-shirt and my Folliculitis and Eczema is exposed on my arms. I see friends looking at it by the corner of their eye. I lie to everyone but my best friend because I am soo embarrassed. I say it's a sun burn I am trying to control. I also lie about the fact that I have a girlfriend because I am a decent looking guy and they would know something was up if I didn't have one. I dont have a girl because Folliculitis has made me anti-social. I cant deal with the fact that when I undress, the girl will be horrified by my skin condition. My condition is moderate but it spread everywhere, like I said this disease has damaged me psychologically. I regularly get it on my neck, chest, arms (even my forearms), stomach, back, and sometimes on my face. I cry sometimes because I have tried a lot of things with no prevail. A grown man crying.

My dermatologist has put me on Vitamin A - 50, 000 IU a day. I tried prescribed Salicylic Acid lotion and soap , It cleared up my body for a week but came right back- so I stopped. On my own I discovered Tea Tree Oil. The soap works good but its very tough on the skin. The first two weeks of using it , it totally cleared up my skin and I proudly walked around bareshirt. When I ran out of the soap I tried Tea tree oil extract, it was very strong and it agitated the Eczema located on my inner elbows causing redness and irritation. On the advice of my doc I have stopped fighting with the Folliculitis and right now I am trying to control the redness on my eczema laced arms with Elidel. Currently I have redness as well as Folliculitis acne on them.

I feel sooo alone because no one at my work site has this problem, and it's not just Folliculitis, I have eczema, and allergies to everything including a work shirt which agitated the eczema. I feel like I will be alone for the rest of my life while everyone around me has a relationship and is getting married. Thanks God

MemberMember
(@ratherbesquatting)

Posted : 07/01/2008 2:30 am

Man I feel you. It sucks that these conditions like acne and folliculitis hold us back from the things we want to do. For the last 7 years I have had to deal with bacne that won't clear no matter what I've done. I thank God though that I'm strong inside. Otherwise I would've committed suicide by now. Instead I have to grit my teeth everyday and try to find something that really will finally work. I really believe that I will find a cure. I think you will to if you keep trying. Never give up and stay positive. I take my frustration out on lifting weights. Its helps me a lot. In the meantime while you are trying to cure yourself you should find something relieve stress.

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 07/01/2008 8:05 am

KHA I am into working out as well but the depression and the fact that sweat agitates the folliculitis I slowed down with that. I read your profile, you and I seem to be having similiar problems mentally with our diseases. I am pushing people away from me , theres this girl I like and because of my behavior we are not in great terms right now, even though I don't deserve all the blame. I'm called mysterious, just not in a good way.

I also have Eczema and these two problems are opposites. One medication will agitate the other. Now that really P***** me off.

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 07/01/2008 9:57 am

Mike, I suggest looking into propylene glycol. If you search for the term on this board, you'll find posts by people who have used it against folliculitis.

It isn't drying or irritating at all and I don't think it would aggravate your eczema. My understanding is that people use a solution of 50% PG, 50% water and spray it onto the area.

My facial folliculitis started clearing up fast after I began using a product containing PG .... and it has never come back.

MemberMember
(@sonya-z)

Posted : 07/01/2008 10:44 am

Sorry for the rambling but I feel really alone and I need someone to hear me.

My name is Mike and I am 30 years old. It has gotten to the point where I can't wear a t-shirt anymore because the Folliculitis has reached the inner elbows. Psychologically it has been soo bad for me. I have no confidence anymore and my self esteem is at an all time low. I dont see the point in being around anymore. It's funny because I receive stares and compliments from many females that I am an attractive man and that I must have soo many girlfirends. If they only knew the truth.

During the Winter time I can get away with wearing long sleeve shirts and that is when I have some confidence and the opposite gender is all over me. But when Summer comes , it just ruins me when I am wearing a t-shirt and my Folliculitis and Eczema is exposed on my arms. I see friends looking at it by the corner of their eye. I lie to everyone but my best friend because I am soo embarrassed. I say it's a sun burn I am trying to control. I also lie about the fact that I have a girlfriend because I am a decent looking guy and they would know something was up if I didn't have one. I dont have a girl because Folliculitis has made me anti-social. I cant deal with the fact that when I undress, the girl will be horrified by my skin condition. My condition is moderate but it spread everywhere, like I said this disease has damaged me psychologically. I regularly get it on my neck, chest, arms (even my forearms), stomach, back, and sometimes on my face. I cry sometimes because I have tried a lot of things with no prevail. A grown man crying.

My dermatologist has put me on Vitamin A - 50, 000 IU a day. I tried prescribed Salicylic Acid lotion and soap , It cleared up my body for a week but came right back- so I stopped. On my own I discovered Tea Tree Oil. The soap works good but its very tough on the skin. The first two weeks of using it , it totally cleared up my skin and I proudly walked around bareshirt. When I ran out of the soap I tried Tea tree oil extract, it was very strong and it agitated the Eczema located on my inner elbows causing redness and irritation. On the advice of my doc I have stopped fighting with the Folliculitis and right now I am trying to control the redness on my eczema laced arms with Elidel. Currently I have redness as well as Folliculitis acne on them.

I feel sooo alone because no one at my work site has this problem, and it's not just Folliculitis, I have eczema, and allergies to everything including a work shirt which agitated the eczema. I feel like I will be alone for the rest of my life while everyone around me has a relationship and is getting married. Thanks God

That does suck, I have Eczema and had acne but I actually found something to clear my skin up but still have eczema all over my arms,legs uhh everywhere pretty much but my derm first prescribed me some topicals called Vanos and Atopaclair which DO work but I can't afford $100 per bottle so I had to find something cheaper so now im using Topicort and you can't even tell I have eczema when I use it plus it helps keeps my skin some what moisurized cuz it stays so dry!! Im sorry you feel that way I can't tell how many times I thought about suicide especially when I was dealing with both(bad acne and eczema) but you will find something that will work and you'll find some one to spend the rest of your life with JUST DON"T GIVE UP =-)

MemberMember
(@jbabe)

Posted : 07/01/2008 10:51 pm

Dear Mike,

I am so sorry about the pain you are going through. People are not perfect. We all have things that we dont like about ourself and yeah sometimes its unfair but that does not make us unloveable.

You are being unfair to the girl you like and yourself by not giving it a chance. Ok maybe there are people out there who might not want you for a BF because of your skin condition.... just like someone may not want someone because they are short or tall or whatever.

BUT you have to stop being so focused on your skin that you don't allow yourself to open up to others. If someone doesnt like you because of your skin..how shallow is that. Move on. There are plenty of girls out there who you can fall in love with and they with you :) no matter what your skin looks like.

Can you accept the fact that others will not be so hard on you as you are on yourself.

Please Mike give others a chance to be in your life, open yourself up. Focus on your good qualities. There is something super sexy about a confident guy no matter what he looks like :)

MemberMember
(@jbabe)

Posted : 07/01/2008 10:58 pm

BTW did you try Head and Shoulders Classic Clear shampoo on that? It totally cleared up my scalp pimples and my back is pretty clear from washing with it..just the red marks left.

Not sure if it would work for you but maybe worth a try?

MemberMember
(@wetwet)

Posted : 07/02/2008 1:37 am

Dont give up!

MemberMember
(@margarett)

Posted : 07/02/2008 1:55 am

have you tried to get help or try to do something about it.....what is that anyways....

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 07/02/2008 10:23 am

JBabe I keep telling myself that I am only pushing people away temporarily until I can take care of my problem. But this problem isn't going away. I was trying Head and Shoulders but I'm not getting any results. I am going overseas in a few weeks so I have been trying to clear up my skin for the beach. It doesn't look good right now

MemberMember
(@jbabe)

Posted : 07/02/2008 11:48 am

Mike dont push people away temporarily. You are loveable and desired no matter what your skin looks like. Your skin may be something you have to work at for many years. Get several opinions and do research and do your BEST right now with your skin. Then try not to focus on it. Exercise, eat right take steps to do what you can do to feel good about yourself.

Instead of dwelling on it, step outside yourself and focus on other people. Anyone that doesn't like someone because of their skin is not worth the time of day. Being HOTT is not all about how you look, its ATTITUDE!

I have guys hitting on me all the time and I have skin issues. Don' make it about the skin, Mike. Ok you have skin problems, you are dealing with it and moving on to focus on what is good in your life.

Trust me Mike, there is someone out there for you. Let life be sweet to you! Stay open! Don't put your life on hold.

MemberMember
(@jbabe)

Posted : 07/02/2008 11:55 am

PS Give us girlies some credit. Folliculitis and Eczema may not be pretty but they are not preventing a cool, confident guy with attitude and personality from being HOTT! Sounds like you are quite a cutie from what you said so do what you can and Enjoy what you got!

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 07/02/2008 4:06 pm

JBabe, you know you're a sweetheart right?

MemberMember
(@chrisjr21)

Posted : 07/02/2008 5:22 pm

Like you I have it very bad as well, but if u let it ruin your faith in God... what then do u have left? God doesnt want anything bad to happen to any of us but this is life and SHIT happens, u cant just give up. I know its hard man, just be strong, have faith, and good luck.

MemberMember
(@anaalessa)

Posted : 07/04/2008 12:42 am

Mike, I suggest looking into propylene glycol. If you search for the term on this board, you'll find posts by people who have used it against folliculitis.

It isn't drying or irritating at all and I don't think it would aggravate your eczema. My understanding is that people use a solution of 50% PG, 50% water and spray it onto the area.

My facial folliculitis started clearing up fast after I began using a product containing PG .... and it has never come back.

Dear Mike, keep the faith in whatever you used to believe in, weather it was yourself or God, because there is a way to get rid of folliculites.

I too used to suffer from it and now i'm recovering.I've tried everything i've read around here but nothing has helped me as much as Propylene Glycol.I used the moisturizing cream from Johnson&Johnson's Clear Skin Products, called "Dual Action Moisturiser", you can find it on their website.I swear by it, it cleared my legs beautifully in a matter of weeks and now i use it regularly, twice a day to keep the nasty follicuiltes away.

I suffered from low self esteem since i got this , 10 years ago, i was only 12, so imagine what it has done to my teen years.... :(( I never went to the pool because i was so afraid of somebody seeing me and laughing at me.Please try this product and see how it goes on you, and if this doesn't help, try another product with PG, i do believe that's the main ingredient that has helped me so much!

I have yet to get rid of the scarring that folliculites left behind but i know now that i will manage that as well, the important thing is that i don't get any new pimples so my skin can cure itself.

I hope you'll get rid of it once and for all, i do know how you feel and how embarrassing is to not be able to wear certain clothes just so you can hide your skin.I was not able to wear any kind of pants or skirts that showed my legs from the knees up for a decade...that's not supposed to happen when you're in your teens, people will be rude and ask you why and you'll be forced to lie because nobody actually believes you have a problem, or that you can't find any damn treatment to your problem.

Ok, i'm done rambling too, let us know how it goes!The best of luck to you!

Ana

PS:REMEMBER on very important thing, as with any kind of treatment, use the product you choose on a regular basis, twice a day in the morning and at night, every single day, don't skip or cheat, and after the folliculites goes away, keep using the product a few more months so that you keep it away.Please do remember this as it is very important!

MemberMember
(@londonmlad)

Posted : 07/04/2008 1:55 pm

Hi AnaAlessa,

You say you use Propylene Glycol, however this doesn't appear to be an ingredient in the dual action moisturiser??

Could you please elaborate??

Thanks so much

MemberMember
(@jbabe)

Posted : 07/05/2008 12:52 am

Awww TY Mike! You are a sweetie. I am a singer and actress and I get hit on alot. I would pick the positive guy with skin issues over the jerk with perfect pores every time.

:)

I hope you let us know how it goes!

MemberMember
(@anaalessa)

Posted : 07/05/2008 1:57 am

Hi AnaAlessa,

You say you use Propylene Glycol, however this doesn't appear to be an ingredient in the dual action moisturiser??

Thanks so much

This is interesting, on my bottle of moisturiser, the propylene glycol ingredient is the second one in the list.This is how the packaging looks like

I hope we're talking about the same product here.

MemberMember
(@londonmlad)

Posted : 07/05/2008 4:25 am

Hi AnaAlessa,

Thanks so much

This is interesting, on my bottle of moisturiser, the propylene glycol ingredient is the second one in the list.This is how the packaging looks like

Yeah that's the one, my bad, the website i looked at must not have listed it properly!

Anyways, i've had some pure propylene glycol arrive this morning, mixed it with 50% water and sprayed it on the areas, do i leave it on or wash it off after a while??!

MemberMember
(@anaalessa)

Posted : 07/05/2008 4:40 am

Hi AnaAlessa,

Thanks so much

Yeah that's the one, my bad, the website i looked at must not have listed it properly!

Anyways, i've had some pure propylene glycol arrive this morning, mixed it with 50% water and sprayed it on the areas, do i leave it on or wash it off after a while??!

i leave the cream on, always, but i believe the concentration is not the same.Keep the treatment for a few weeks in order to see some results.I saw results in about two weeks but remember that your skin needs some time to heal itself. The cream has additional ingredients that might have helped as well, but PG is the main one so i guess you might have the same kind of results as i did.

Hope it works,

Ana

MemberMember
(@terah)

Posted : 07/05/2008 9:01 am

Well tons of people i'm sure have given you things to try, some may work- and if you end up trying them, i hope they do!! But try looking up Facedoctor rx soap!! I'm about to start using it and am confident that if i stick w.it i will be completely clear!!

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 07/05/2008 10:59 am

AnaAlessa, I have tried almost everything. I will take a look in the pharmacy stores for that Dual Action Moisturiser. People are also saying sea salt water baths are good, but it sounds soo time consuming. The tea tree soap bar I use is working good for my face but my chest and arms are a mess.

Oh I lied again today , the folliculitis on my arms are now dog allergies, lol!

MemberMember
(@sawsayr)

Posted : 07/06/2008 1:41 am

aw, don't say that :/

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 07/06/2008 12:50 pm

Went to the doc today. My arms were a mess. He said it looked like a mosquito nest had a field day on my arms. He admitted to saying that I had one of the worst cases he has ever seen and the guy is in his 70s! The only reason I am laughing right now is because I'm on vacation and I don't have to go back to work and look at all the people staring at me like a freak. He took a sample from one of my hair follicles and gave me an appointment to visit the lab for blood samples. I also got a prescription for Clindamycin pills . It fights bacteria. I hear its serious stuff and can be fatal if I abuse.

To cap off the good times I'm having , the girl I like may not like me anymore. She wanted to go out after work and I turned her down with a real lame excuse. Now she wont answer my calls and if she has to deal with me on a work related level she contacts my coworker. It's like God is up there laughing at me and thinking " What else can we throw at Mike today?" . Girls like me but my insecurities makes me push them back. Good stuff

MemberMember
(@jbabe)

Posted : 07/06/2008 8:03 pm

So you made a lame excuse and have since called her...and she is not replying and is also going through a co-worker to respond? Sounds like she is playing games. I mean to give someone such a hard time for a lame excuse? That is silly. Not worth your time. Just start looking around there will be someone else. There are plenty of girlies out there Mike!

Hey I hope the stuff the Dr. gave you helps alot. Remember do the best you can with it and then focus on something else!