Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RebeccaDeWinter

Has anyone tried one of those greens *supplements*? Did you get any breakouts?

I know real vegetables are better but I got about 4 containers of free greens supplement powders from work(and these thing are really expensive) so I figured I should try them for a little extra weight loss boost, still going to eat the same amount of fresh vegetables that I am now. But my question is, do any of these ingredients look problematic to you? Thanks

Barleans Greens powder with natural berry flavor

A proprietary blend** of Organic Barley leaf, Oat leaf and Wheat leaf combined with Barley juice, Wheat juice and Oat juice powders, organic Spirulina, Organic Flaxmeal, RiceXBran, Chlorella, Spinach, Natural Flavor, Astragalus, Fruit Juice Powders (Cranberry, Blueberry, Strawberry), Schizandra, Green Tea Extract, Acerola Cherry Extract, Parsley, Sea Vegetables, Rosemary Powder, Curcumin Extract, Full Spectrum Digestive Enzymes.

**Concentrated 1500%

Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Stevia.

It says it gluten and soy free, doesn't mention dairy but I don't see it in the ingredients.....

Although it says it contains sea vegetables, there is no iodine listed in the nutritional facts, so maybe it isn't kelp?

I would avoid Maltodextrin and especially Stevia. Sea vegetables = iodine, but im not sure how thats linked to acne after all. Some say iodine makes them break out, others says it doesnt. I don't really know. Iodized salt is bad, so I would guess iodine from other sources are aswell.

I wouldnt touch that stuff, much rather be eating the real deal.

I would avoid Maltodextrin and especially Stevia. Sea vegetables = iodine, but im not sure how thats linked to acne after all. Some say iodine makes them break out, others says it doesnt. I don't really know. Iodized salt is bad, so I would guess iodine from other sources are aswell.

I wouldnt touch that stuff, much rather be eating the real deal.

Thanks but what's wrong with stevia? I put tons of this in my green smoothies everyday.

Oh.. Duh..

I actually saw it as "Splenda".. Sorry. I don't know about Stevia, its probably alright.

But its really hard to say.. I think you have to try it out, and hope your lucky.

The products are fine, I highly doubt they would cause a breakout. Don't worry about iodine; iodized salt is one thing, but iodine from natural sources can be a very, very good thing. The Japenese have very high intakes of iodine, and they're famous for lower rates of acne than in America.