Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alternativista

My skin is never red anymore

Just want to comment that I had both acne and rosacea and with my anti-inflammatory diet and supplements, my skin is never red anymore.

And I used to be red and get rosacea pimples from my chest up in the summer as heat was the worst trigger for me. Now I just get a pimple or two occasionally. And they go a way very quickly.

Also, when it used to be worse, I found aloe vera to be just about as good a treatment as the prescription metro gel I was given.

Cut out processed foods and drinks. Especially sugar and bad fats: crisco, margarine, or any hydrogenated or trans fat. So basically commercially baked goods. And fried foods as it's unlikely, in the U.S. anyway, that commercially fried foods are cooked in a healthy fat.

Just eat real, nutrient dense food. Just about any flavorful fruit, vegetable, herb or spice is anti-inflammatory. And Fish with it's Omega 3 EFAs.

Also avoid anything you are allergic to, have an intolerance for or for whatever reason have trouble digesting.

And get some sleep.

What kind of Rosacea did you have? How serious was it? How is it doing lately?

Reading your log there are an awful lot of things to sort through, do you feel that any particular supplements or facial products (I noticed you use a Green Tea Toner, Niaminicide) were more helpful than others?

Aloe Vera leaves a red mark wherever it is placed on my skin after a few minutes, so I assume I'm allergic and can't try that.

I understand Anti-Inflammatory foods, but I'm wondering if you eat any inflammatory foods like grains.

What kind of Rosacea did you have? How serious was it? How is it doing lately?

Reading your log there are an awful lot of things to sort through, do you feel that any particular supplements or facial products (I noticed you use a Green Tea Toner, Niaminicide) were more helpful than others?

Aloe Vera leaves a red mark wherever it is placed on my skin after a few minutes, so I assume I'm allergic and can't try that.

I understand Anti-Inflammatory foods, but I'm wondering if you eat any inflammatory foods like grains.

I can't really honestly identify any one item that's more beneficial as it all went away when I started a better diet.

I eat some grains. It's about balance. Just eat a lot of anti-inflammatory foods too. And make most meals very good ones with the not so good splurges just a few times a week. Although some people have to be more strict than others.

That's too bad about the aloe. I don't really have any alternatives for that. You could try any hypo-allergenic purchased moisturizer and stir in ingredients. Or if you don't need much moisture, add a few drops or more of jojoba or something to some green tea for a slightly moisturizing toner. Perhaps with a little ACV for the PH. But if your face is irritated, I would think you don't want to add much.

Anyone heard of sesame seeds for hyperpigmentation? there is some papers on its ability to inhibit d5d enzyme and also it is a phytoestrol. Story: My niece totally got rid of nodular type acne, within 2 or 3 months, by being stringent with her hair products, shampoos etc. not letting them touch her face. and when they did she would use ACV to cleanse the area to break down the chemical/silicones. She only uses "Boscia" and "Juice" face cleansers etc. becasue they are not packed with silicones and chemicals. Stopped drinking milk - blends raw cashews/water instead (by the way tastes better than milk). whole grains sparingly, low carb pasta, agava syrup instead of sugar, just basically diabetic type diet. She uses a blue light and red light for inflamation 3 min. per day on each side of face. After doing this within 4-6 weeks saw MAJOR IMPROVEMENT, absolutely amazing but left with those lousy red marks. Retin A made her skin flake quite a bit and was not working too well for the hyperpigmentation marks. so she walked away from that. Just last week - on a whim she decides to try eating sesame seeds (white ones) and within that time they are like gone! From red to gone. just a couple of very, very light pink marks, hardly noticiable. I dont know if anyone has ever tried the sesame seeds for this, but something within a week has miraculously made the red disappear and its the only thing we can think of .