Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aliass

BP not good for hormonal acne? pics

Hey there aliass,

My recommendation: KEEP USING THE BP!!!!

My acne seems similar to yours and it took a good 6 months for a significant change to set in.

Persistence is the key!

Check out these pics for proof:

This picture was taken after 1 month of using BP

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7118/1monthbw4.jpg

This picture was taken after 6 months.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1870/6monthsgl0.jpg

Also If you're under the impression your acne is hormonal, start drinking green tea, you may not like the taste at first but you'll grow to like it. Green tea suppresses hormone fluctuations resulting in a decrease in hormonal acne. Green tea also contains antioxidants that help to keep your skin healthy. I recommend at least 1 cup a day, (I drink at least 2, usually 3 or 4)

I don't mean to be offensive in any way but I don't think my skin is quite as bad as yours in the first pic you showed, that's my reasoning for asking if the BP is overkill for my skin?

Thanks alot

None taken, I couldn't quite tell how bad it was from the pics you gave. If you feel that your acne isn't 'bad' I would suggest using a 2.5% solution instead of a 10% and applying only a thin layer, but I would still use it.

UNLESS your skin is excessively red or dry. You could try only using a cleanser but I can almost promise you that you wont see results.