Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

How effective has accutane been for you [POLL] ?

How effective has accutane been for you on your main problem area? (Generic users also vote)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. This is judging the effect on accutane in ONLY clearing your acne but not side effects such as depression, joint pains etc. If you have been on accutane more than once POLL the most recent results.

• PORCELAIN (flawless skin like a blank canvas)
    • PORCELAIN (as above but with some lingering red marks/scars)
    • COMPLETELY CLEAR (with a few dormant clogged pores/bumps under the skin that can only be seen by you)
    • COMPLETELY CLEAR (as above but with some lingering red marks/scars)
    • RELATIVELY CLEAR (with a few minor zits occasionally and/or a few dormant clogged pores/bumps under the skin that can only be seen by you)
    • RELATIVELY CLEAR (as above but with some lingering red marks/scars)
    • BETTER THAN BEFORE or THE SAME (still get a few pimples now and then with the occasional cysts, some scars and/or red marks lingering about. If your acne was severe before this may be better)
    • WORSE (more breakouts and/or red marks and scars than pre-accutane)
    • DREADFUL (time to sew the bas**rds)

I have not yet completed my course on accutane but just want people to get an overall idea of the effectiveness on accutane. I know a POLL like this may already exist but this is a more recent one so it can reflect the experience of more recent tane users.

I did 3 courses between 1993-1998 (2 full regular courses and 1 full low-dose course.) My cysts are pretty much gone but I still have pretty bad whiteheads, papules, and pustules most of the time.

my first course was completely clear, no problems.

my second course was absolutely dreadful.

Hey darkside, I always wondered what the reason for that could be? Its said that if you dont respond well to the first treatment a second should finish the job, but for some people that isnt the case. What did your derm say?

mine actually got worse, but i really shouldn't of been on accutane to begin with. My skin was pretty good and i just wanted to have that hollywood skin so i had my derm write me out a script. Now i have a lot of red marks left from the initial breakout and still get a pimple a day on average. but the big thing that made it worse was that i had a few large cysts during my initial breakout that left large dent in my skin.

I think this was due to the accutane because i never scarred or even had red marks before taking accutane.

I think i'm a rare case so don't let this scare you off the drug, thats definetly not my goal haha. This shit works wonders for a lot of ppl.

mine actually got worse, but i really shouldn't of been on accutane to begin with. My skin was pretty good and i just wanted to have that hollywood skin so i had my derm write me out a script. Now i have a lot of red marks left from the initial breakout and still get a pimple a day on average. but the big thing that made it worse was that i had a few large cysts during my initial breakout that left large dent in my skin.

I think this was due to the accutane because i never scarred or even had red marks before taking accutane.

I think i'm a rare case so don't let this scare you off the drug, thats definetly not my goal haha. This shit works wonders for a lot of ppl.

Hey many thats unfortunate. I guess some people really are just born with that "hollywood skin". I hope all is going well now though and I guess you should feel lucky to not have had bad acne in the first place!