Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DON'T U HATE IT WHEN U CAN'T SLEEP? I SWEAR LATELY MY SLEEPING HAS BEEN OFF THE WALL.

I THINK I SLEPT LIKE 12 HRS YESTERDAY AND NOW I CAN'T. AND WHEN I TRY I JUS END UP WONDERING INTO ONE BIG DEPRESSING REMINISCENT MEMORIE OF MY LIFE B4 ACNE. IT'S SO SAD. AND THEN WHEN I DO FALL ASLEEP I DREAM ABOUT THE MEMORIES. THIS MAKES ME THINK OF ALL MY OLD BEST FRIENDS AND MISS THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE NOWHERE IN MY LIFE NOW. I SWEAR I THINK I DREAM ABOUT MY EX GIRLFRIEND EVRYNITE. IT'S LIKE EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE OUT OF MY LIFE THEY STILL HAUNT ME IN MY DREAMS. I REALLY NEED TO FIX THIS B4 I DEVELOP SERIOUS INSOMNIA OR SOMETHING. AND IN THE MORNING I'L WAKE UP THINKING BOUT HOW CRAZY MY DREAMS WHERE THE NIGHT B4. I WAKE UP AND STILL FEEL LIKE I'M DREAMING AND I ASK MY SELF, "IS THIS REALLY WHAT MY LIFE HAS BECOME?"

LIVING A LIFE HIDING AWAY BECAUSE OF WHAT I LOOK LIKE MEAN WHILE I HAVE LOST EVERTHING AND EVERYONE THAT HAS EVER MEANT ANYTHING TO ME. THIS REALLY NEEDS TO STOP BCUZ IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY. THIS EVER HAPPEN TO U?

HOPE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE.

I know what you mean my friend. Holding onto the past, trying to escape the hell that is the present.

I self medicate with drugs not that its a helpful suggestion.

I just accept my insomnia because I really don't have anywhere I need to be. Sure, it might be unhealthy but it's not that hard to fix. I just try not to sleep one day and I get back into it.

I know what you mean my friend. Holding onto the past, trying to escape the hell that is the present.

I self medicate with drugs not that its a helpful suggestion.

"drugs are bad. and if you do drugs you're bad. 'cause drugs are bad m'kay" :P:razz:

No but really to the OP you just gotta move on and stop thinking about all this shit. Get other stuff on your mind.

Welcome to hell. Population, everyone who posts in this board. Just remember to keep walking, if you can't run, then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do keep moving. Just remember it will take time and this just a really long phase before you reach the end.

PS: Have you done anything about your acne? Should be the first step to you getting out of this terrible phase.

Its 4:15am here. I can't sleep too :D. Let's all get naked and hug. Just putting it out there, as a suggestion...

Its 4:15am here. I can't sleep too :D. Let's all get naked and hug. Just putting it out there, as a suggestion...

you are hijacking this thread.

I have insomnia, but not from acne. Although i'm up in the middle of the night researching accutane sooo... :rolleyes: it' becoming a part of my not sleeping routine.

No but really, you may want to ask a doctor about sleeping pills or something, I can't sleep without them.

Guest kiwikali

i wish i could sleep too! my shrink said i had insomnia but i'm not allowed to have ant sleep or anti-depressent medications because i'm really sensitive to medication. and she probably thinks i'll OD on it. bitch. i just want to sleeeepp! :(

sometimes i drink sleepytime tea (not making up that name) and that helps a lot. or take a hot bath it makes you really... SLEEPY :D

I used to do the same. Having acne overtook my thoughts so much that I would daydream in the day and dream at night about when I was acne-free which affected my work, uni work, relationships with friends and family...

Are you doing something about your acne as I went onto Roaccutane and now I have clear skin so I can now think about the present and future as opposed to reminis about my clear skin days when I was younger.

I also recommend drinking chamomile tea and buying some lavendar and ylang ylang oils to use on your pillows as they are relaxing and soothing (aromatherapy) Basically, try alternative therapies first before you go to your Dr and get a prescription. I think people are too quick to want prescription drugs to solve things now.

The best thing is to keep yourself as busy as possible so that you don't have time to think about acne and are tired when you go to bed

Hope this helps

x

Guest kiwikali

ooooh lavender oil!?!?! that sounds so nice! i should go buy some tomorrow...

:D thanks for the tip

i think im getting insmnia pffft. just some nights i dnt sleep at all! its now 3.30am and i cant sleep :doh: that maybe coz im also a bit drunk :shhh:

story. of. my. life.

if i were you i'd hold onto those memories. at least it keeps the spark of hope, better times and a brighter future alive. strengthen those happy brain memory connections! bc if enough time goes by, you simply forget what THAT feels like and stop giving a shit abt nething, period.

oh, but do try to get some ambien. my sis is in love w/it