Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RebeccaDeWinter

So, in the past week and a half Ive been breaking out in cysts on ONE side of my face....

I've heard that signs of food intolerance/food allergies could break you out on one side of the face.

Have you had any tests done?

I've heard that signs of food intolerance/food allergies could break you out on one side of the face.

Have you had any tests done?

No I haven't, can this be done be a normal doctor?

I'm not sure.. But in Denmark its called an ELISA test, and their proably others aswell.

Im going to a professional clinic to get my tests done. But they aren't free.

I'm not sure.. But in Denmark its called an ELISA test, and their proably others aswell.

Im going to a professional clinic to get my tests done. But they aren't free.

Hmm I google it and I got something called the Sage Elisa test. It says I just need to order the kit, get my blood drawn by my doctor and have her sign it, then send it back to them. It says most insurances cover it. I think I might try it. Ive been attempting to do an elimination diet to see if Im allergic to anything, but this seems much easier.

I don't think you can rely 100% on tests like this, but it will sure give you an pinpoint on where you could change your diet. Stuff like lemon, gluten or casein could easily break you out in cysts.

And if your digestion doesnt work properly, then you cant succeed on any diet at all.

I don't think you can rely 100% on tests like this, but it will sure give you an pinpoint on where you could change your diet. Stuff like lemon, gluten or casein could easily break you out in cysts.

And if your digestion doesnt work properly, then you cant succeed on any diet at all.

lemon?!!!!! That could be it. Ive been drinking tons of lemon water the past week because I heard it was good for ridding yourself of parasites. Thanks for that, Ill stop and see what happens.

p.s. How do you suggest I improve my digestion? Im doing a parasite cleanse right now and started taking enyzme supplements

Well, there is no real cure to every digestion issue. It could be leaky gut, it could be candida or something else. A bad flora isnt good at all.

I'm waiting for answers on all my tests right now:

Gut flora

Intolerance (300 different foods)

Allergies (300 different foods)

Yeast infections

Microflora, whatever that is. Probably the same as gut flora.

The way my gut works

Results from my liver-test

Candida tests

I don't got cysts or acne anymore, but I still got problems with my digestion after antbiotics which screwed up my stomach.

But users like alternativista (spelling) are getting cystic acne from either oranges or lemon I think, and I saw other users getting the same reactions aswell. So allergies/intolerances could be once of your causes. Im looking forward to see what my body reacts to.

Well, there is no real cure to every digestion issue. It could be leaky gut, it could be candida or something else. A bad flora isnt good at all.

I'm waiting for answers on all my tests right now:

Gut flora

Intolerance (300 different foods)

Allergies (300 different foods)

Yeast infections

Microflora, whatever that is. Probably the same as gut flora.

The way my gut works

Results from my liver-test

Candida tests

I don't got cysts or acne anymore, but I still got problems with my digestion after antbiotics which screwed up my stomach.

But users like alternativista (spelling) are getting cystic acne from either oranges or lemon I think, and I saw other users getting the same reactions aswell. So allergies/intolerances could be once of your causes. Im looking forward to see what my body reacts to.

good luck! let us know how the tests go. I was on antibiotics for about a year 3 years ago, I wonder if thats still causing problems for me. I wish I never went on them, they didnt help at all.

I'm almost certain it is the lemon water. I can't drink lemon water without getting cysts! I can't even take vitamin c supplements.

Antibiotics kill the good bacterias in your gut, so if I were you I would get some yeast-infection tests done. You may have to go on a strict "no-sugar" diet, if you got candida etc.

But get some tests done if you got the money, and really want to get to the bottom of your issues. Candida symptoms could be acne, but theres a lot different symptoms like raised bloodsugar (hormones out of control), allergic-like reactions, abdominal pain in the stomach, yeast infections on different parts of your body and I go on and on.