Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HaleyRoe167

Haley's accutane journey

Im an 18 year old female with moderate acne. I had fairly clear skin until the later half of 10th grade. I started breaking out on my cheeks and became self cautious of them. I took a few ance meds but nothing orally. I started taking accutane on June 25th 2008, my derm perscribed me 40 mg every second day but on day 3 i decided to use it every day since i want it fairly cleared up by the time i satrt school in the fall. Wish me luck :dance::dance:

not to rain on your parade haley but there is a reason Drs prescribe the doses they do. That is so they can monitor the effects of the drug on your body. Also, when you run out with 1/2 of your month left, you will be unable to refill for 1/2 of a month. Then you will really mess up your course. If you read this forum you will find that most people are not clear in 2 months. You decided to do this so you should be responsible and follow the Drs orders, remember this is a very strong drug and it is very foolish to take it any other way than the way it was prescribed to you.

that's way too much for your body to handle. that doctor has gone through medical school for more than half your life to be able to tell what's right and wrong.

now you'll DEFINITELY not be clear by fall.

fantastic job :snooty:

Just make sure you follow your doctors instructions. Also, I did begin to clear my second month. Just keep your hands off your face! Good luck