Notifications
Clear all

Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment Help Fast?

MemberMember
(@arley23)

Posted : 06/29/2008 11:23 pm

Hi I have read a lot of posts lately about people using apple cider vinegar as getting rid of acne but I'm confuse I have read that your supposed to put it on your face but other people say your supposed to drink 4 table spoons a day so I would like to know are u supped to drink it or put it on your face also what brand should I buy and is it safe for my teeth?

Thanks for the Help :)

MemberMember
(@michaelangelo)

Posted : 06/30/2008 1:59 am

you're suppose to get an organic version. the kind I tried I believe was called Braggs.

anyway you can use ACV as an astrigent by applying it with cotton swabs or take it internally which is good for the body. do a search on ACV or apple cider vinegar and you should find a lot of post

seems to work for some people, I am not one of them though......

MemberMember
(@jacquelin)

Posted : 08/12/2009 2:23 am

i have been getting adult acne for a while now, it's not severe, and i red about the apple vinegar treatment so for 1 week i have been drining 1 cup a day (3teaspoons with water) but i still get a zit or 2 why is that, i have been apply it also externaly

can anyone help me

Thanks

Jacqueline

MemberMember
(@inquisitivecreature)

Posted : 08/12/2009 11:42 pm

Mine doesn't say it's organic, does that mean it won't work as well?

I drink it and put it on my face. 1 to 2 tablespoons a day with water and I dab it over my skin once a day, I wash it off my face after at least 10 minutes. If you want to protect your teeth use a straw.

MemberMember
(@nemt)

Posted : 08/13/2009 12:02 am

Anyone drinking it is just having a placebo effect. Using it as a topical works wonders, though.

MemberMember
(@ccasey)

Posted : 08/13/2009 12:03 am

^ I would/did use the organic version just to get maximize the results.

MemberMember
(@g-rogerg)

Posted : 08/13/2009 12:37 pm

After about 1 year of use, acv organic has never let me down.

I dont use it internally, I've found a few cups of green tea daily to be the best internal

recipe. I make my own toner with acv and green tea. Keeps your skin ph balanced.

Add some essential oils to rid of the smell. Lavender or tea tree is good.

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 12/26/2016 11:04 am

Apple cider vinegar is meant for cooking and baking, not for drinking. It's incredibly acidic...it's related to glycolic acid which is why the topical benefits to skin. However, there was someone in one of these boards here that started throwing up blood after consuming it (yes, diluted) for just a few weeks. I wouldn't recommend that.
As for topical use, as I mentioned, it's related to GA, so it may cause some purging, as I experienced the first few times I used it. But after several times, I noticed the same thing that several other people on here experienced...It actually caused more bumps (tiny blackheads) than it cured. I had to stop, but it was worth a try.