Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
automattox

does bare minerals clog pores?

I can't find anywhere on the label where it says it doesn't, so does that mean it does? I just used it today and now I'm worried my skin is about to break out worse

hmmm I will give that a try. is it expensive? and where can I get it?

No its not expensive. Unfortunately, you can only get it on line. If you go to www.everydayminerals.com, you can click on sample kits. They have a free sample kit where you order three foundations, a blush and a concealer. There are four different formulas: intensive, matte, semi matte, and original glow. Ive used intensive and original glow. I like original glow better and intensive tends to run darker than the other formulas. All you pay for is the shipping which for me was $3.97. I just ordered another kit because I figured out my shade. I bought two full 8gram sizes of foundation, two concealers, and two blushes. It was $34 total which isnt bad if you ask me

hmm so people here haven't said anything about Everday Minerals causing break outs?

Just to clarify, most people who break out from Bare Minerals do so because of the ingredient bismuth oxychloride, which Everyday Minerals lacks. Bismuth oxychloride causes the user to itch, and break out into tiny bumps in certain areas, plus may make your face feel extremely tight and dry.

Some people do develop a reaction to EM, but this is a reaction to the Mica in it, which every mineral makeup has. It is very rare, but some people just cannot wear mineral makeup because of it.

That said, I also love EM and recommend it heartily.

oh, thank you for the replies! $34 isn't bad at all for that much makeup, so I definitely need to try this. Also, have anyone tried Physican's Formula mineral makeup? I was looking at it at Target and it's fairly cheap, but I don't want to waste my money on it if it isn't any good

i just ordered my sample kid of EM and i love it.

its free and shippin n handling is only around 3 bucks so its a worth a try!

oh, thank you for the replies! $34 isn't bad at all for that much makeup, so I definitely need to try this. Also, have anyone tried Physican's Formula mineral makeup? I was looking at it at Target and it's fairly cheap, but I don't want to waste my money on it if it isn't any good

ive tried it and its pretty god it covers enough not totally and i still get break outs every day but that is just how my skin is i think its cuz of eating milk products it covers up enough for me and my skin feels very fresh and clean but i guess evrything clogs your pores after swat or the club so just wash your face and i use antibacterials soaps on my face and they help me a lot i have three different cleanser that i use everyday because my skin gets clearer but it gets use to one cleanser and then it just wot work so i confuse my skin with three different so it wont get use to it........i try not use anything else because im affraid it may make it worse....its your skin pretty bad and have gotten any wounded scars that are deep ??

chata thanks for the info. and no my skin isn't terrible, it's moderate acne but I don't have any scars. I just have some active acne, more so than usual while it's all coming to the surface, and quite a few red marks. I'm just looking for a good foundation to cover up the blemishes I've got as well as the red marks, and certainly not produce any further breakouts. I've never used a foundation before, so I'm not too sure what to look for other than that.

I tried Physicians Formula's loose powder. I liked the feel of it, but it was too dark, so if you have very fair skin, then I'd just get the EM.

Does PF not come in multiple colors?

The only issue I have with EM is that it's difficult for me to order products online, I'm only sixteen and I don't have all the paypal and credit cards and all that...

Does PF not come in multiple colors?

The only issue I have with EM is that it's difficult for me to order products online, I'm only sixteen and I don't have all the paypal and credit cards and all that...

It comes in quite a few colors, but they were all too dark for me. They have 8 or so shades in the loose powder, and the closest one (for me) was Translucent Light. It's not a huge difference, so I use it anyway.

Hmm that might be a problem, I'm white as snow lol. Have you tried PF's liquid foundation? The one that has the swirls lol. I was reading some reviews and it sound good, but I'm not sure that any of those people had acne

I'm a makeup junkie. I've tried all the mineral kinds, all the liquids kinds - cheap to very expensive.

Everyday Minerals is the best. I've gotten 3 other people hooked on it. It takes a little getting used to. It doesn't stick like the Bare Minerals does. But, it looks so natural. People can never tell that I'm wearing makeup (and I use a bunch to cover up red marks).

Order your samples IMMEDIATELY!

(Make sure you have good brushes though - they sell them on their website...this is super important).

Oh and to answer your question - someone already mentioned something about the bismuth oxychloride. That stuff is the worst. I've noticed a big difference in my skin since switching to a makeup without it.

Bare Minerals works wonders for some people - but for people like us, who have skin issues and perhaps sensitive skin it may make matters worse. I know a girl who got cystic acne due to it! Not cool! Try Everyday Minerals. It's all natural/organic/vegan and way cheaper too. :)