Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rbd

Using AHA with Benzamycin

I have hormonal moderate acne from being pregnant. It's starting to scar now and I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions.

I have tried everything, even $1000 worth of microdermabrsion to no avail and now I am back to basics. Being pregnant, my options are somewhat limited. I use to have fantastic results with Retin-A but that can cause birth defects. When I quit using it, my skin blew up and the pregnancy hormones have just kept the acne coming.

My question is can I use Benzamycin (prescribed by my OBYGN) in conjunction with AHA. I have DRY skin which complicates things even more. Here is my regimen. Can anyone offer me some help? Thanks so much.

AM/PM

-Wash with Skinceuticals Simply Clean using Clarisonic Brush (recommended by Dermatologist)

-AHA Enhanced Lotion w/10% Glycolic AHA

-Mosturize w/ Phytomer Hydration Continue

-Spot Treat w/ Erythromycin-Benzoyl Peroxide (Benzamycin recommended by OBGYN)

-Spot treat Chloasma with Skinceuticals Phyto+ serum

And I still am breaking out. But I have only been using AHA for about a week. How long before I see results from AHA? I never had acne before getting off the pill, stopping Retin-A and becoming pregnant so I'm asssuming this is hormonal?

Any body know their chemical combinations out there? If so throw me a line please. Much appreciation. Thanks