Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chloe082885

birth control while on tane

Hi guys. I just wantedto know while on accutane, is it mandatory to take birth control or do you just have to agree to it? i know people that werent on it while on accutanr.

Hmmm. . . :think: When I was on it years ago, I think routine pregnancy testing was mandatory, but BC was not. BC was highly recommended, though. I was on BCP, so it was a moot point for me.

It's mandatory unless you somehow convince your derm that you will abstain from intercourse.

It's mandatory unless you somehow convince your derm that you will abstain from intercourse.

i dont really get why though..it defeats the whole purpose. the whole reason i want to go on accutane is bc id rather go on that than birth control so then why would i go on both? Might as well just try birth control. weird.

i dont really get why though..it defeats the whole purpose. the whole reason i want to go on accutane is bc id rather go on that than birth control so then why would i go on both? Might as well just try birth control. weird.

The derm wants to make sure that you don't get pregnant. If a woman becomes pregnant while taking Accutane, the baby probably will be born with incredible defects and deformities.

In the US, women on Accutane are required to:

1) take hormonal birth control *AND* use a barrier method (condoms, diaphragms), or

2) not have sex one month before to one month after treatment.

I chose #2. It wasn't hard to abstain. I wanted clear skin that badly.