Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ardelle

Spearmint Tea

I've come to the conclusion that my acne is almost completely hormonal, and I've been looking into things that can get my body back into check. I've heard that spearmint tea works wonders as far as its anti-androgen properties, but I'm not really sure. :think:

Before I go and shell out my money for tea that I don't even know will work, I'd like to know other people's experiences with spearmint tea. Anyone care to share?

i also have hormonal acne, and i drink a cup of tea every night that is a mix of spearmint and pepermint. I wouln't say that it is a miracle or anything, but it definetly does not make matters worse. I have noticed that it keeps your pipes nice and clean, which some people beleive helps with acne (everyone is different so it's hard to say).

Bottom line is that I like it, I've been drinking it for about 4 months, along with ACV, an herbal supplement called testo quench, flax seed, and tons of water, my acne is in control for the most part. I did not experience any initial breakouts, or anything weird happening to me. I think it is something that works slowly, and you probably wont notice anything drastic right away, but I don't think anything bad will happen either, as long as you don't over do it.( Im always worried about trying new things cuz Im afraid of a bad reaction.) And I really like the taste. Its nice to have a cup at night when you are realaxing, cuz stress can be a big trigger, who knows, it could help....

Good luck!

Anybody know how much more potent fresh spearmint would be vs. tea bags? I have a pretty big spearmint plant and am wondering how many fresh leaves I'd need for a good cup of tea. I imagine I wouldn't need that many since it's fresh.

Actually, when you're substituting fresh herbs or whatever for dried ones, you need two or three times as much. I don't know how much a tea bag weighs, but however much it is (if you can find out), double (or triple) that and that's how much fresh spearmint you'd need.

theres only one way to find out for sure, conduct a study on yourself and find a good way to measure any changes, i would think you should see some changes within a month if there any truth to it, if you see no measurable changes apart from coincidence, drop it.

Actually, when you're substituting fresh herbs or whatever for dried ones, you need two or three times as much. I don't know how much a tea bag weighs, but however much it is (if you can find out), double (or triple) that and that's how much fresh spearmint you'd need.

Realllly? I figured since the fresh leaves would still have the oils intact, they would be much stronger than dried.

No. It's not oils that's removed when drying, it's water. Dried is concentrated. Fresh is mostly water.

Okay, just wanted to update. Both spearmint and peppermint tea were bittersweet, so to speak, for me. While it completely got rid of my oily skin, it also didn't do a thing for my acne. It might have even made it worse. Plus the taste was horrid. So this was a failure for me. Ah well. :|