Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

first off, i am 19. i have some(?) acne. none on my cheecks, some blackheads around my nose and on it and forehead as well. my problem areas are my jawline and below the two corners of my mouth. i just stopped using proactiv and did dan's regimen for a week now. when i did dan's regmin my face was insanley dry. my skin would by flakey and i would put on the eucerin renewal and it would look like the dry skin was just mashed down. i stopped dan's regimen lastnight and used what was left from proactiv. every cleanser ive ever used makes me dry except the proactiv system but the proactiv system doesnt clear me up (i think bc they dont give you enough of the repairing lotion.) now my question is this... which should i do:

try the botchla's regimen

start proactiv again and add dan's bp gel to it (more bp)

continue dan's regimen and get a new moisturizer

please help me out here. as of right now theres no way i could possibly do dan's regimen another dan its soooo drying. and the neutrogena on the spot stuff is just plain sick it feels like im wearing a mask of junk.

/yourself.

Try Dan's regimen again, using much less BP and perhaps only once a day. Slowly increase the amounts and frequency of application.

I would try Blotcha's I found it less drying than Dan's. And I only do spot treatments with bp at night time. not all over the face. Hope this helps a bit.

frenchy, do you use a moisturizer with botchla's regimen? if yes, which one? also, do you think it will be ok with my dry skin to do this regimen? as of right now im doing cetaphil with no water any my face is becoming less dry already after doing this only twice. which makes me wonder what if i did this:

c&c sa-wash

c&c bp-wash

cetaphil (no water)

hum...Cetaphil has a moisutrizer with SPF my friends swear by. But my skin tends not to dry out too much. I am using a moisturiser from MD formulations for sensitive skin on pimple free areas and I dab on the pimples the BP, so on the few zits I have on my temples and I dab some BP on my chin that tends to break out. no where else to avoid overdrying my skin. But I only do to BP at night.

I would do the C&C combo (sa and bp) at night, then apply a good moisturiser and BP on break out areas and in the morning juste use cetaphile. not the c&c...

You have to play with it and give different combo 3 to 4 days to see if your skin does not overdry and also does not break out. it took me a good 3 weeks to find a combo that (knock on wood) seems to be working for me...