Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum, but I wanted to share with everyone what I've been doing to get my red marks to fade VERY quickly. This may not work for everyone, as I may have just been lucky, but I know the frustration of having those stupid red marks on your face, and I just wanted to share my experience with everyone (with pictures). Here goes...

I'm a 21 y.o. Asian female. Usually, I get a pimple here and there, but last summer, I- for some unknown reason- broke out all over my cheeks! In desperation of trying to get rid of them, I came across online advices that told me to use apple cider vinegar on my acne to help them heal faster...HUGE MISTAKE! Not only did my acne get worse, but they actually formed scabs! These scabs, of course, fell off eventually, leaving me with HUGE, VISIBLE red/brown/purple (the whole spectrum) marks. For the past year, it has faded somewhat, but not entirely. Here are the things I've tried:

-hydroquinone: only used it for about 2 weeks, didn't do anything for me, and I stopped using it because I read somewhere that it was unsafe (please don't quote me on this)

-Meladerm: expensive, AND did NOTHING for me. I used it religiously for a month and a half, and finally called them to send it back because it did nothing.

Then finally, I came across Delna's regimen (right here on acne.org), and tried it. The first 2 days, I didn't notice anything spectacular. For my spot treatment, I used Neutrogena on the spot treatment, and it DID treat my pimples, but it too left me with huge (very large) red spots on my face as if I got burn spots (where i applied the Neutrogena treatment). FINALLY (sorry for the long storyline), I read about Clinique's "Even Better skin tone corrector" in a magazine, and decided to give it a try. It promised to erase sun, age, and post-acne spots. For $40, it came in a tube no twice the length of my thumb. What i did was combined Clinique's Even Better with Delna's regimen and VOILA! I noticed results in 2 days! I asked everyone I knew whether my marks were actually fading, or was I imagining things, and everyone asked what i used to make it go away so quickly. Well, here's what I use, and please credit Delna, since I didn't make this up:

Morning:

1) clean with Cetaphil gentle cleanser - it's the only cleanser that costs less than $20 that doesn't break me out, dry my skin, or give me comedogens (small bumps on my face)

2) scrub my face with baking soda very gently until I feel my face stinging

3)wash (of course)

4) apply a 1:1 ratio of apple cider vinegar to water (basically, I just mix equal parts of ACV + water into a small cup, swoosh it around a lil', and then apply with a cotton ball) - for this, I use Bragg's apple cider vinegar, it's sold in health food stores, or Vitamin Shoppe, where i got mine

5) wash after 10-15 mins

6) tone with toner- I do this just to make sure that my skin's pH level is actually "normal" because both baking soda as well as vinegar are at the extremes of the pH spectrum (one is extremely basic, another is acidic) For my toner, I use Lancome's toner Clarte, not for any specific reason, but just because I got it for really cheap ($8) at TJMaxx's

7) apply Clinique's Even better

8) Moisturize with Cocoa Butter (i use Chantal Cocoa Butter- I don't think it's readily available in stores, i actually came across it in my insurance's pharmacy)

===> 9) SUN BLOCK!!!! VERY VERY IMPORTANT, especially if you plan to put all this stuff on your skin!!!

Evening:

1) Take off make-up (if any), then clean with Cetaphil again

2) use an egg white mask- wash off after 30 min

-occasionally, I would also use an egg *yolk* mask also (please google this if you're interested)

3) Use toner again (Lancome)

4) apply Clinique's even better

5) cocoa butter

I also drink ACV twice a day, 2 teaspoons in a cup of water with honey.

Okay, so my "progress" pictures are on flicker, if anyone is interested:

Here are the exact same photos:

June 25, 2008:

post-78783-1214781220_thumb.jpg

June 29 (today):

post-78783-1214781279_thumb.jpg

Another view of June 29:

post-78783-1214781302_thumb.jpg

They are 4 days apart, 2 of those photos are from June 29th, I just wanted it under a different lighting. Thanks for reading, and hopefully, this post will help someone, not trying to make myself famous or anything...just wanted to share. I actually have already made an appointment with the dermatologist, but since this is working so well for me, I'll probably cancel it. Good luck all, and if anyone is interested, I will keep you guys posted. Please refer to Delna's post for details! (No, I'm not Delna btw, I just don't want to take her credit)

post-78783-1214781220_thumb.jpg

post-78783-1214781279_thumb.jpg

post-78783-1214781302_thumb.jpg

Wow those are REALLY dramatic results! In just 4 days????? That Clinique thing is o.O $40!!!!!

the ingredients list is very long..but I'll try my best. This is what it says on the packaging:

Ingredients:

water, dimethicone, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polysilicone-11, butylene, glycol, yeast extrct, ascorbyl glucoside, hordeum vulgare extract, betula alba bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, morus bombycis (mulberry) root extract, trametes versicolar extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, saccharomyces lysate extract, turmeric root extract,, rice brain extract, grapefruit peel extract, wheat germ extract, peg-6, peg-10 dimethicone, cholesterol, salicylic acid, polysorbate 20, isohexadecane, propylene glycol dicaprate, caffeine, sodium rna, acetylglucosamine, simethicone, tromethamine, caprylyl glycol, glycyrrhetinic acid, polysorbate 80, DI-C12-18 alkyl dimonium chloride, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, squalane, sodium sulfite, sodium metabisulfite, hexylene glycol, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate, acrylamide copolymer, sodium salicytate, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, yellow 5, yellow 6

PHEW! Sorry if there were any mispellings, trying to type words I have no idea how to spell while not looking at the screen can be a little hard lol.

BTW, I don't EXACTLY know whether it's the Clinique that is making such a huge difference or it's Delna's regimen. But like I've mentioned before, I didn't see any dramatic results before I started Clinique's Skin Tone Corrector. I don't work for Clinique or anything, so this is by no way an advertisement. Also, I found that adding lemon/lime (Asians use lime more than lemon) to the white egg mask helps also. MAKE SURE YOU USE SUNBLOCK!!!! G' luck! I will update with more pix if requested!

that clinique thing has a lot of bad ingredients in it. Comedogenic and irritants. And i don't know what the active ligthening ingredient is...

anyway, I think it's delna's regimen doing it for you. I've tried it before and i was clear back then like 100% amazing skin. I broke out this summer too for some reason really bad.. now i just don't want to do anything to my skin as im clearing up again and left with horrid marks and scars now. im afraid i would break my skin so im just lettin my body take charge first.

Thanks for sharing

I was wondering:

You said in the first part the the ACV was a HUGE mistake and then I read that you still use it?

Yea, it's kind of contradictory. But I realized that in the beginning, i used ACV when I was having active breakouts, and no matter how gentle I try to be, the ACV still moists the acne, and as I go over it with a cotton ball (with AVC), the top layer of the pimple would get wet and peel away. I don't know why- but ACV caused me to have these huge scabs after the pimples were "gone". But this time around, I don't have as many active break outs, and I dilute the acv as well as wash it off after about 10 minutes. The first time around, I kind of left it on :( .

so what do you think is your most important part of the regimen? That clinque scar eraser is a wopping 40$ and im sure everyone wants to know if it was what really worked. I've used ACV religiously for months and it didn't help at all. Congrats on your success. I'm using retin a micro to try and fade those damn red marks. So if in 4 days your red marks faded that much, how faded are they now?

Hey guys,

I have to agree...Delna's regimen really works...I tried it...still am , and i see results, it's not tht fast though, for me, i see the difference like...1,2 months later :P ( u guys shud try it) :D

whoa, i didn't know tht the clinique product works...never heard of it...

do u think i shud try it? it heals FAST! 4 days? tempting!

advice anyone ? ( is it really comodegenic) ?

that's a lot of work. a looooooot of work. I simply won't be able to keep up.

But I am happy for you. Good luck with the rest of your marks. Your skin looks fab.

Delna's regimen takes a bit of time on your hands. It takes 30 min to complete this regimen, but cmon don't be a lazy potato! Results will come!

Just wondering Lili21 if you are still keeping up with this and how your skin is now?? Kinda thinking of giving it a try.

Hi onlyme_

I'm keeping up with PARTS of it, not doing EVERY SINGLE thing that I had originally done. The reason is basically I realized which parts worked for me, and which part I can throw out.

I still use baking soda, the ACV, but no more eggs and I use Vit. E in replacement of Cocoa butter. I'm also still using the Clinique product. I'm more than half way through the bottle, so I'm contemplating whether to stick with the old regimen (and get more Clinique's even tone) or try something else.

As of right now, I'm trying Kiehl's over night biological peel. I've only used it for one night, so I don't want to "Advertise" it before I'm sure what it could do. HOWEVER, I had these 2 stubborn marks that Clinique's didn't seem to be helping, so i'll update in a week :) (I check this forum religiously lol)

Overall the results have been A LOT better than not doing anything lol. Like I said before, my marks lingered for a year! But now I see marks come and go in about 2-3 weeks (more like 2 weeks). If you do try it, tell me how it goes for you! oh yea, and I've also incorporated Dan's BP as well as AHA+...and that's been keeping me pimple-free for the past month.

Hi onlyme_

I'm keeping up with PARTS of it, not doing EVERY SINGLE thing that I had originally done. The reason is basically I realized which parts worked for me, and which part I can throw out.

I still use baking soda, the ACV, but no more eggs and I use Vit. E in replacement of Cocoa butter. I'm also still using the Clinique product. I'm more than half way through the bottle, so I'm contemplating whether to stick with the old regimen (and get more Clinique's even tone) or try something else.

As of right now, I'm trying Kiehl's over night biological peel. I've only used it for one night, so I don't want to "Advertise" it before I'm sure what it could do. HOWEVER, I had these 2 stubborn marks that Clinique's didn't seem to be helping, so i'll update in a week :) (I check this forum religiously lol)

Overall the results have been A LOT better than not doing anything lol. Like I said before, my marks lingered for a year! But now I see marks come and go in about 2-3 weeks (more like 2 weeks). If you do try it, tell me how it goes for you! oh yea, and I've also incorporated Dan's BP as well as AHA+...and that's been keeping me pimple-free for the past month.