Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Could a 16yr old take vitamin supplements?

When i was a little boy around 7-10, my mom would give me a flintstone vitamin everyday. It tasted like chalk, but it was supposed to be good.. long story short I started getting acne at puberty, I used harsh skin products I wasn't supposed to, it irritated my skin & made it worse, I got accutane last year (finished December 07) my skin is now clear, I was wondering if I could take some supplements to help me? I still have some minor scarring and brown marks, but either way please tell me if I should or not because I don't know if taking multiple vitamins at age of 16 is that great.. or should I let time do its magic? I've already made the swutch to a healthy lifestyle, I don't eat any junk food anymore, I eat a lot of fruits and veggies..

There's no problem with vitamin supplementation at 16, and in fact it can be beneficial. It's just a matter of finding out what you really need supplementation in.

There's no problem with vitamin supplementation at 16, and in fact it can be beneficial. It's just a matter of finding out what you really need supplementation in.

alright I didnt want to, I always think of things back firing.. like it would cause more acne. I used to think the reason I might have started getting such bad acne was taking vitamins at such an early age of 6, but I'm sure it was cause by using harsh products like cleasners and creams and eating junk food all the time..