Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I'm an 18 year old male and have been suffering from mild to moderate acne for the past year and a half. I started my treatment for Duac (AM) and Differin (PM) gels in August 2007 with the Aveeno salicylic acid cleanser with soy and purpose redness reducing moisturizer. I was also on Paxil until this spring. I never paid it that much attention while on Paxil (though it was there), but I get really oily skin on my face, most noticeably on my T-zone area. Specifically, I have a dog who sheds a little, and when I am in the car with him, the hairs stick to my oily face and cause a terrible itch. I have changed to moisturizers that are oil-free, and yet the problem remains. Now I am using only differin at night and no meds in the morning. I wipe my face with Cleanse and Treat by Quinnova 6 hours after washing in the morning, but it doesn't really do as well as I would like it to. I am breaking out more than ever on my nose. I wake up and my face is covered with a thick layer of oil and flakes from the purpose oil-free moisturizer...I thought irritation and dryness from the meds caused the problem, but I realize after searching the boards that oil production remains constant unless you use retinoids, bp, or hormonal treatments. I have a couple of questions:

1. what's a good lite oil-free moisturizer w/ SPF protection that doesn't leave white stuff or make my face look greasy and agrees with Differin?

2. would a non-comodegenic mattifying gel help control at least some of the oil? if so, which one would you recommend?

3. i am constantly stressed out about this issue (i'm working on cognitive behavioral therapy, but it doesn't work very well for me). if i were to remain calm and relaxed, would the oiliness go down considerably?

4. will dabbing the oil with a tissue push the oil into the skin or will it absorb it?

Those are all the questions I have for now...I would be really grateful if anyone could answer some of these.

Hi, I'm an 18 year old male and have been suffering from mild to moderate acne for the past year and a half. I started my treatment for Duac (AM) and Differin (PM) gels in August 2007 with the Aveeno salicylic acid cleanser with soy and purpose redness reducing moisturizer. I was also on Paxil until this spring. I never paid it that much attention while on Paxil (though it was there), but I get really oily skin on my face, most noticeably on my T-zone area. Specifically, I have a dog who sheds a little, and when I am in the car with him, the hairs stick to my oily face and cause a terrible itch. I have changed to moisturizers that are oil-free, and yet the problem remains. Now I am using only differin at night and no meds in the morning. I wipe my face with Cleanse and Treat by Quinnova 6 hours after washing in the morning, but it doesn't really do as well as I would like it to. I am breaking out more than ever on my nose. I wake up and my face is covered with a thick layer of oil and flakes from the purpose oil-free moisturizer...I thought irritation and dryness from the meds caused the problem, but I realize after searching the boards that oil production remains constant unless you use retinoids, bp, or hormonal treatments. I have a couple of questions:

1. what's a good lite oil-free moisturizer w/ SPF protection that doesn't leave white stuff or make my face look greasy and agrees with Differin?

2. would a non-comodegenic mattifying gel help control at least some of the oil? if so, which one would you recommend?

3. i am constantly stressed out about this issue (i'm working on cognitive behavioral therapy, but it doesn't work very well for me). if i were to remain calm and relaxed, would the oiliness go down considerably?

4. will dabbing the oil with a tissue push the oil into the skin or will it absorb it?

Those are all the questions I have for now...I would be really grateful if anyone could answer some of these.

bump

bump please help...has anyone had any success with the oc 8 or dermadoctor tease zone mattifying gels?