Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smartnsassy

need help with accutane

heyyy! so im 14 years old and im starting accutane in like two weeks and like most people...im scared! i am really young compared to most people on accutane and im wondering if it will affect me differently?? also i live in the desert and im wondering if the climate has anything to do with how dry my skin will get?? Becuase im pretty used to my skin being dry... any answers or SUCCESS stories will be much appreciated!

I'm not sure what the climate in the desert is like seeing as how I've never lived there but is your skin normally dry all year round?

Where I live it is freezing and dry in the winter but warm and humid in the summer so I decided to take Accutane in the summer to minimize the dryness. It hasn't been too bad so far, I'm on Day 17. I just put Cetaphil on a few times a day and keep chapstick with me at all times. I think it would be much worse if I waited until winter to do this.

Hi! Congrats on starting accutane! I don't think you need to worry about being young and on accutane, it has nothing to do with how mature you are, and by that I mean your body. When did your acne start and how bad is it? mild, moderate, severe? Have you tried all the topicals and pills such as doxycyclin? 14 does seem young since this is the prime time for acne, but if you have tried everything then why not! Your doctor knows what he/she is doing and will give you the right dosage based on your weight. Oh, by the way I'm starting month 5 and everything is great! I was just as scared as you when I first started, but the side effects such as dry skin and lips really are not that bad and I live the the desert too (known as Arizona).

Good luck with your course and keep us updated on your progress!

Hi! Congrats on starting accutane! I don't think you need to worry about being young and on accutane, it has nothing to do with how mature you are, and by that I mean your body. When did your acne start and how bad is it? mild, moderate, severe? Have you tried all the topicals and pills such as doxycyclin? 14 does seem young since this is the prime time for acne, but if you have tried everything then why not! Your doctor knows what he/she is doing and will give you the right dosage based on your weight. Oh, by the way I'm starting month 5 and everything is great! I was just as scared as you when I first started, but the side effects such as dry skin and lips really are not that bad and I live the the desert too (known as Arizona).

Good luck with your course and keep us updated on your progress!

hey thanks so much for responding so quickly! im not sure if it would be considered mild or moderate but its not severe... and i just started getting acne like a year ago but i have tried everything and it really hasnt done anything but ( in my opinion) made it worse. im excited for the outcome but not so much for the first couple weeks! about how long does it take for the initial break out to die down...im at least relieved that im starting it in the sumer so if its bad i can hide in my room:D jk but thanks again