Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

I dont think it will ever get better

Even if i didnt have acne anymore, my face would still be in an awful condition. But theres no point in saying ifs, because unfortunately i do still suffer from acne, very much. I think im getting to that stage where a fair few other people have, where you believe that simply nothing will ever work. Im completely out of ideas now!! Everything ive ever tried has never got me anywhere near been clear. Certain things look like they maybe helping but then theres always just an unexplainable big breakout.

Ive no idea what causes my acne, since all of this shit started many of years ago im not one bit closer to getting rid of it. I simply cant remember the last day i didnt have a spot on my face, well maybe during the time i took antibiotics, but other than that time it was back when i was at high school before the acne started to develop and that was now a long time ago.

Every single day feels like a complete waste. When i walk to work im thinking about my skin, at work im thinking about my skin, walking home im thinking about my skin, at home all night im thinking about my skin and when out with friends im thinking about my skin. Its now just pure obsession and it is now badly affecting my life, well what i have of one.

I try not to be depressed about this, but sitting here with spotty, red, scabby, dry and flaky skin makes that rather difficult to achieve.

How often do you have sex/masturbate? I had acne that wouldn't go away until i limited these 2 activitys to no more than twice a week.

If it doesn't work for you i'm sorry, but it worked for me and greatly helped my depression.

How often do you have sex/masturbate? I had acne that wouldn't go away until i limited these 2 activitys to no more than twice a week.

If it doesn't work for you i'm sorry, but it worked for me and greatly helped my depression.

No sex for me at moment :( Although when i was every week, i guess it was hard to tell really because i had also consumed a fair bit of alcohol on the same night so i didnt know what really contributed to breakouts. I havnt really masturbated for a while, but i really dont know if it effects me or not. I sure do hope not!!! If so, it would take the whole depressiveness to a whole new level!!!

I know how you feel. My skin isnt really that bad acne wise anymore. But it is unbelievable dry and flaky. Went to get my hair cut today, but changed my mind half way. Why? I feel ugly, and the flakes are really embarrassing. I cant even smile anymore.. And certainly wont get intimate with anyone as long as my skin is like crap..

Just wanted to share. Youre certainly not alone :)

you could try moving temporarily. look for me my acne was caused by 1)internal off balances in my body and 2) ENVIRONMENT number two's just as bad as the first maybe worse. i lived in vietnam where it was hot and humid and tried ever product imaginable to get rid of my acne. it didn't work. why? cuz the oil just kept on coming and coming. then i moved back to america.. it's 4 months now and the climate has defintely made my acne better. it's cooler where i live. if you've tried everything and all the others don't work you try my idea. move to a place that's colder than where you live. try for a few months and if that doesn't work than try moving to an even colder place. it all depends on your skin. i know this sounds crazy but if you have money you could try it.

^ I'm sorry, but moving just to try to clear your acne is an insane idea.

To the OP, yea I'm kinda in the same place as you. It sucks. My acne is pretty mild but still is always there.

It'd be nice to try accutane but I'd be surprised if I could get a dermatologist to approve it since my acne is nowhere near severe.