Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marrakech

Liquid Makeup!!

O_O I've never in my life experienced SPF bleaching anything, on my body or on my clothing. I agree, I think it must be something else.

Oh, I've seen this makeup at The Nugget and debated buying some a while ago (because I debate buying everything because I'm a horrible makeup junkie). I'll look at the ingredients again next time I'm in there, but I don't remember there being anything in it particularly crazy.

O_O I've never in my life experienced SPF bleaching anything, on my body or on my clothing. I agree, I think it must be something else.

Exactly what I would have said.

Marrakech: are you using any products with benzoyl peroxide? That does bleach clothing.

some acne medicines like bp bleach hair and clothes so it cud be tht. and i know how u feel about not being able to go out without makeup even though it kills ur skin. i think i mite be changing to bare minerals.

No, I only use that makeup. I dont use BP. The reason I say that its the SPF in makeup, whatever ingredient they use for SPFs nowadays.. Back in Junior High, I used to be in the sun ALOT and I used a lot of SPF sunblocks like banana boat etc, and I remeber wiping it on a towel while taning, the towel was dark purple, and later finding out bleach stains on it. I blamed it on my parents who did my laundry I thought they ruined my towel, anyhow, later I went out and put on SPF and wiped hands on my shirt, and what do you know??? More bleach stains!! I finally figure it out, well I've stopped using sunblock since then, and I havent been in the sun much, but I got this makeup hoping it would be all natural, I was hurrying for work and did a sloppy job (lol) got some on my forehead hair, and when I got home, I was like... what the... white hair already? Im not old! Nope, it was bleached, and I've been noticing same bleach stains AGAIN on my clothes. :( Unless you know something else thats causing it? I use glycerin soap and thats about it and this make up , and mascara, and Sea Fresh toothpaste. No sodium lauryl sulphate.

I'm too lazy to find out if any of these ingredients might be the culprit, but I got the list for anyone who likes doing that sort of thing:

GABRIEL COSMETICS MOISTURIZING LIQUID FOUNDATION 1oz.

Purified Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerine, Octyl Palmitate, Titanium Dioxide, Sorbitol, Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil, Squalane, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Chestnut Extract, Iron Oxides, Golden Ochre, Sesame Oil, Polysorbate 60, PEG-100 Stearate, Aloe Vera, Lecithin, Silica, Grapeseed Extract.