Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tobias

GHEE v coconut oil

In terms of cooking does one of these out rank the other in

A) healthiness

B) breakout potential

I want to get mum to start using one of the two when cooking dinners, but also want to start taking a few tablespoons of coconut oil daily, and if I have to buy coconut oil which mum will use for cooking it might start getting expensive in comparison to her using GHEE.

coconut oil would technically be better since it is a higher % of saturated fat, but i use ghee for most things due to the taste. I just dont like the sweet taste cocnut oil gives to food. Either one would be fine in my opinion.

In terms of cooking does one of these out rank the other in

A) healthiness

B) breakout potential

I want to get mum to start using one of the two when cooking dinners, but also want to start taking a few tablespoons of coconut oil daily, and if I have to buy coconut oil which mum will use for cooking it might start getting expensive in comparison to her using GHEE.

There are health benefits with either. Provided the coconut oil is virgin or extra virgin and provided the ghee comes from grass-fed cows either one offers great benefits. It's going to depend on taste and what the food is IMO. As the above poster said, coconut oil does impart a somewhat sweet taste to food it's cooked with.

As long as you don't overdose saturated fat, im pretty sure those sources wont break you out.

But if you are using them for bathing vegetables and for meat etc, then I dont see any problems.

both are good for you. I know coconut oil is pretty effective at removing candida and other beasties which may cause acne. Its also rich in MCFA which are supposedly good for the metabolism and help you lose weight, despite being a "Saturated fat." Counter intuitive, I know. I know properly made ghee can also be good for you, though I can't name the health benefits off hand. I would choose the coconut oil, just because there may or may not be traces of milk protein left in the ghee. Hopefully not, but you never know 100% with store bought products these days. There is pretty much no risk of the coconut oil breaking you out.