Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi i have a few red marks on my face... i heard that AHA is good for it and aloe vera... could someone sugges a good product that would take my marks away sad.gif

I have found papaya soap really helped with my redmarks. I wash with papaya soap everynight. The papain in papaya is a great exfoliant and papaya soap is also used to lighten the skin, which helps the red marks and discolorization.

Lactic acid! I used it and now my face is peeling! But DON't use your hand to hold the product when applying it or your hand will pus and peel! It doesn't hurt.. it's just really freaky.

If your are going to use your hands, wash them immediately after!

I bought a high percentage lactic acid peel off of Ebay since I have been using peels already.

Hope that helps.

i got my first bar of papaya orangic soap i got it on ebay for a good price anyway my question is can i use it with SA? or just use it morning and night.my biggest problem is red marks i hope this soap does something good for me [-o<

Yup, Lactic Acid works for red marks. Everywhere I've applied the acid I have seen a remarkable improvement. Better than Aha's or Bha's.

But word of caution... WATCH THE NOSE AREA!! Evertime I put this stuff around or on the bridge of my nose I end up getting burned. So u must be careful and wash the peel off the areas of the face that are most sensitive first. And please, wash your hands/fingers immediatley after! You'll regret it if you don't.

Also, always keep a tube of neosporin/polysporin handy just in case.

Good luck! biggrin.gif

BTW, I didn't use "loganwood" lactic acid. I used tca julies. If your just starting out, it's better to go with a low, low percentage like the ones on makeup artist's choice.com

I also have red marks, but I haven't yet tried anything on them. Currently, I am using Cetaphil face wash, so if I were to pick up a Alpha Hydroxy Acid wash would it replace the Cetaphil or should I use the two products together?

Yup, Lactic Acid works for red marks.  Everywhere I've applied the acid I have seen a remarkable improvement.  Better than Aha's or Bha's.    

But word of caution... WATCH THE NOSE AREA!!   Evertime I put this stuff around or on the bridge of my nose I end up getting burned.   So u must be careful and wash the peel off the areas of the face that are most sensitive first.   And please, wash your hands/fingers immediatley after!   You'll regret it if you don't.

Also,  always keep a tube of neosporin/polysporin handy just in case.

Good luck!   biggrin.gif

I would leave it on for like half a minute to a minute depending on your skin sensitivity and then IMMEDIATELY wash it all off!

I just bought Lactic Acid for the first time and I've seen better results with this than with tape, aloe vera (we have an aloe plant smile.gif ) or AHA peels.

But that's just my experience.

Hope that helps.

Glycolic acid. Seriously, if your face can handle it I've heard nothing but good remarks from people who have used it properly(I overdid it before and turned parts of my face red for weeks). If you want to then just get a smaller percentage of the acid in a wash like 10%. I have some toner ordered and will post the results.

Had a friend that used this stuff and her red marks went away within 2 weeks. She had these things for like a year(since last summer) and now they're all of a sudden gone. Thats enough proof for me since my face would be mostly clear all the time if it weren't for the buildup of stubborn redmarks.

Don't use it in the long run though, maybe just a few times a week or less once the initial red marks are gone. Like other's, whenever I went off of some AHA my skin looked like crap(no pimples but just dull and kind of reddish) but I found that a few days of the aspirin mask and it was good as new.

Definately a lactic acid peel. I agree with lilchicken because I'm also using Perfect Complexion 85% lactic acid peel. It's working for me too. I peel alot two days later and some parts of my face appear a bit darker(like a suntan). I peel alot only for one day. Once the dead skin, which is the peeling, comes off the skin the marks look lighter and overall the skin looks more even toned. http://www.perfectcomplexion.net/lactic.php?id=p