Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marrakech

Regimen... then what?

My mom has been using BP for a long time now, and her skin is clear, she had menoposal hormonal acne. Now, what is this regimen suppose to do?As long as you do it, you will be clear? Then what? It doesnt cure acne from inside does it?

If she is no longer susceptible to inflamed acne, then she can decrease the amount of BP she uses and try quitting after a few weeks. BP doesn't "cure acne from the inside" or anything, it's just kills acne bacteria when applied topically and needs to be reapplied to continue killing acne bacteria. If your mom's skin has changed since menopause (for example, become much less oily, as tends to happen when we age), then the acne bacteria population might not be a problem and she wouldn't need BP. But, if that isn't the case, then she might experience some breakouts after a few weeks of decreased BP usage. It really depends on her skin.

Oh lol thanks, the point of the question was, is regimen just for maintenance? When Dan says end acne once and for all, thats not ending it, thats masking it.

Oh lol thanks, the point of the question was, is regimen just for maintenance? When Dan says end acne once and for all, thats not ending it, thats masking it.

It's the best thing I've ever used. Clears me up. Can't wait for this AHA+ stuff.

When you say "masking it", I think of using makeup to hide the fact that you have acne or something like that. With the regimen, you're treating your skin to keep it clear. Unless you no longer need to worry about the bacteria, if the treatment continues to work and keep you clear, you are actually clear. There's no faking being clear unless you use makeup.

The regimen is meant to treat and maintain. If you continue to use the regimen and it continues to keep you clear, that's as good as ending acne. When it's gone, it's gone, as long as you continue treatment (unless, like what Kim said above, your body and skin changes so you don't need to worry about acne bacteria or hormones anymore.)

It depends on how you look at it.

For me, its more to Prevent it than masking.

Like one might use soap to wash hands (clearing bacteria etc), would still do tomorrow and tomorrow.

When you say "masking it", I think of using makeup to hide the fact that you have acne or something like that. With the regimen, you're treating your skin to keep it clear. Unless you no longer need to worry about the bacteria, if the treatment continues to work and keep you clear, you are actually clear. There's no faking being clear unless you use makeup.

The regimen is meant to treat and maintain. If you continue to use the regimen and it continues to keep you clear, that's as good as ending acne. When it's gone, it's gone, as long as you continue treatment (unless, like what Kim said above, your body and skin changes so you don't need to worry about acne bacteria or hormones anymore.)

lol, I knew someone was gonna say that about makeup :D :D I still think its "masking" the symptoms, which are coming from inside. If it continues to keep me clear, while I have to put so much effort into washing my skin at the same time everyday, thats NOT AS GOOD as ending acne. Ending acne would be.. me getting stranded on an island with hottie and not needing BP to save my skin.

Also, Id like to add, that some people's body doesn't change and they continue with acne into their adulthood.

I don't mean to come off disrespectful, but Dan should look into remedy that actually ENDS acne from inside (it doesn't have to be holistic) .. I guess the closest thing we've got is accutane for now. His titles are misleading...

lol, I knew someone was gonna say that about makeup :D :D I still think its "masking" the symptoms, which are coming from inside. If it continues to keep me clear, while I have to put so much effort into washing my skin at the same time everyday, thats NOT AS GOOD as ending acne. Ending acne would be.. me getting stranded on an island with hottie and not needing BP to save my skin.

Also, Id like to add, that some people's body doesn't change and they continue with acne into their adulthood.

I don't mean to come off disrespectful, but Dan should look into remedy that actually ENDS acne from inside (it doesn't have to be holistic) .. I guess the closest thing we've got is accutane for now. His titles are misleading...

Well yes. Everyone's bodies are different and not everyone is going to have the same outcome or need the same thing to cure their skin, and not everyone is going to grow out of acne at any age, but I do believe Dan is putting a lot of effort into acne research in order to actually find some kind of cure for acne (there's even an acne research forum for people to discuss) or at least to continue to get a better understanding of it.

One can either "go through the effort" of washing their faces and taking care of their skin from the outside with topical (even though this does not mean they aren't also trying to be healthy and cure their acne from the inside or trying things like Accutane which is not holistic) or you can go through the effort of using a different method, holistic or medicinal. Not everyone can use Accutane, either, as it can be incredibly damaging to people's livers.

I think if it was as easy as just looking into ways to cure acne "from the inside", there would be a universal cure by now. I guess it just depends on your preferred method of being cured. Topical or something else.