Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Godsupergirl

Going Camping

Early this year I went on a sort of camping trip where there was no running water (no, sorry, no showers). Anyway, I took baby wipes so that I could keep my face as clean as possible. My face broke out worse than it ever has in my life! Am still fighting the consequences.

Well, I have to go on a couple more of these trips to mexico and I was wondering if anyone knows what I can do to keep my face clean, without using water, and that won't harm my skin. please!

There is no water at all? What about for drinking? Just take some bottled water along and a couple cloths to get wet and wipe your face with.

I've heard about the waterless Cetaphil method.... just put Cetaphil face wash on your face, then wipe it off with a cloth.

I know what your going through my worst times were in iraq when we would go on missions lasting weeks....we would sleep in our vehicles and during the invasion time we would go long times without showers...my longest 53 days no shower....

i hated the other guys who could lay down after a long day with whatever on their face and wake up the same way....I had to go to great lengths to keep my face clean...we would get like allotted 4 hours for sleep and everyone would rack out and there I was trying to hygeine for like 45 minutes...

well here are a few methods I used:

baby wipes but they broke me out so I only used them on my body.

bottled water to rinse...face then a cleanser...then bottle water to rinse

the face cleansing wipes that foam up when you add water...

a good bp or topical cream for after I'm not sure what you use.

acv as a toner is good...it smells but your camping who cares..

you can use a camel bak as well....fill it whenevr you can.

there is always water somewhere unless your really roughin it but you still have to drink...

a good one also:

wipe with baby wipe

rub cleanser on face let it sit for a min

wipe it off with fresh baby wipe

well hope these tips help

PERFECT SOLUTION FOR YOU.

I did it when i went camping. I used cetaphil GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER (waterless method does not work with daily facial cleanser.)

You rub it all over your dry face, wait 10 seconds, then rub off with a tissue or cloth. Cetaphils like magic in a bottle..no lie.

There is no water at all? What about for drinking? Just take some bottled water along and a couple cloths to get wet and wipe your face with.

I agree with this one. Who knows, the water-only method might make you clear!

PS I hate Cetaphil.

Try using baby wipes and following them up with Dermatologic Glycolic Acid Pads 10% and then a baby wipe again. It worked well for me a week before last when I spen 5 days in a muddy field at Glustonbury music festival. You can get these at www.beautyisskindeep.com

going camping and not showering can aggravate acne on its own, but using baby wipes on top of that will cause a lot more irritation, which explains why you broke out so badly.

i was in a similar situation, afraid to go camping for years because i was basically addicted to washing my face twice a day. i recently went to a dermatologist and started a treatment that involves topical medications. i was advised to stop washing my face if it became irritated, and the result is that i'm finally free from the face washing. as long as i continue this treatment, i don't have to wash my face at all. i've been rinsing it in the shower once a day, but i've found that it's ok to skip days, which gives me hope that i'll be able to go camping. all i'll need for my face are these two tubes of medication.

you might find that medical treatment can provide the kind of freedom you're looking for, if you can get started in advance of your next trip. if not, then you'd be better off leaving your face alone and letting it break out naturally, or maybe try the cetaphil technique. either should be better than your baby wipe experience.

Yes there is drinking water, but there is like 500 other people there with me also. So they don't take kindly to "wasting". I'm gonna try cetaphil before my next trip and see if that works. If not than I'm going to need a bigger bag, so I can take my own water.

here's my two cents for whatever it's worth.... my method didn't help my acne, but it definitely didn't worsen it either, so you might give it a go: i used pond's facial wipes followed by stridex bp wipes twice a day.

i was planning on going camping this year, and it didn't work out. i'm totally bummed!! i've learned a little about skincare since my last camping experience, but all i was really going to do is take baby or facial wipes. it sounds like you've had problems with baby wipes though... maybe try unfragranced ones? they're a lot cheaper than the facial wipes. anyway, if i were you, i would try either the cetaphil method or the facial wipe method and try not to worry too much about it. if you have a topical you want to use, go ahead after cleansing, and make sure to use a good sunscreen too. good luck to you! my best advice would be to just have a good time and don't think about your face!

Hi Super!

Good luck on your trip, and I hope you will post your results when you're done! I had trouble with this the last time I went camping and the acne has gotten worse since then, so I've been wondering about this problem too.

bluelight

Yes there is drinking water, but there is like 500 other people there with me also. So they don't take kindly to "wasting". I'm gonna try cetaphil before my next trip and see if that works. If not than I'm going to need a bigger bag, so I can take my own water.

just a suggestion but md skincare has new 4 in 1 wipes that are supposed to cleanse, tone, moisturize and protect from the sun. I've never tried them but I love all of their other products. The only downside is they might be expensive. good luck!!