Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm really curious about this. For me, I never noticed ANYONE with acne. If I ever saw someone with really bad acne I just thought, "That's part of life." I never looked down at someone for it. Never saw it like that. So why the fuck when I go out into the world I think everyone is doing the opposite!?

I'm starting to realize that everyone is too into themselves(not trying to make that sound negative) to give a FLYING FUCK about my pimples! Maybe my ex girlfriends are smiling inside, but that's a stretch.

We have to change our mind sets, we need to stay sane.

Please, what are your thoughts?

Well no, I never made fun of anyone, but when I was 10 I was made fun of plenty for my acne...

I don't remember seeing anyone with acne when I had no acne at all. Maybe acne is invisible for those who don't have it. :rolleyes:

Not really, but my acne has always been moderate at worst. I started noticing it a lot this year. Nobody has even noticed it until I pointed it out.

i've had acne since the 7th grade, i'd never really noticed anyone who had it before i got it.

but most of the time when i see people worse than me, i'm really grateful that my skin won't scar as bad as some other people's.

it's taken an emotional toll on me lately.

now that i'm a vegetarian my skin has cleared up a little and i'm not as depressed as i used to be.

Nope, I never noticed anyone's acne until I got some of my own.

Granted, I was like 9 years old when I first started breaking out so it's not like anyone around me had any acne.

Now I notice it on others only because I'm looking for it.

I'm only looking so I can go "Phew, they've got it, too." :lol:

before i had cystic acne i had barely and pimples a couple here and there and no one mentioned it to me and i was happy but there was a new guy at my karate training who had cystic acne and everyone would say eww look at his face and that's disgusting etc however i always found the time to talk to him and befriend him since i knew what it must be like to deal with shit like that he was a really nice guy and people who knocked him simply because of his acne problem never knew that. Later on when i got cystic acne everyone around me seemed like that but then every now you meet that one person who saw you for who you truely are and not judge you based on your acne.

And that one person could brighten up your whole day or even week =)

Nope, I never made fun of anyone's acne. It's a normal thing, who cares. And really really really severe cystic acne are a disease, so - would you make fun of a man with severe scars on his hand? Would you make fun of someone who is suffering from a bad disease? No

Acne never made me want to get away from some people if they were normal persons.

I never really had bad acne for others to notice, an occasional pimple from time to time untill I started picking, which made me go through days when my skin really looked like shit.

I managed to get over it some time ago, and my face has been clear lately .

The only insult I remember (and it wasn't actually a real one) was when my friend with moderate acne told my gf not to squeeze my cheeks too much when kissing, because some pus might come out.

He was naturally just kidding.

I did notice when someone had acne and I never said anything out loud but I remeber saying to myself good thing I dont have that problem, then I hit 17 and walla I had that problem lol.

My acne has never been severe but yet I still heard countless times from strangers

" have you ever tried proactive" I would say people notice. I had laser treatments before which caused me to break out first, then a girl from my old job said to me in front of a bunch of people "damn kells you got a boyfriend and I dont, he must like bumps" Pry the most humiliating time of my life. I was in such shock my jaw just dropped then she walk away. I went into the bathroom and cried my eyes out.. Once I got myself together I cussed her out and told her everyone calls her beatle Juice behind her back, and called her a hater.. I know two wrongs dont make a right but im revengful. Then she said "I was just trying to help you Kells" Whatever.. Just so you can get a pic in your mind of this chick she was nasty she even had a tattoo on her lower back that said WHAT. Seriously it was huge im not even making this up.

I'm really curious about this. For me, I never noticed ANYONE with acne. If I ever saw someone with really bad acne I just thought, "That's part of life." I never looked down at someone for it. Never saw it like that. So why the fuck when I go out into the world I think everyone is doing the opposite!?

I'm starting to realize that everyone is too into themselves(not trying to make that sound negative) to give a FLYING FUCK about my pimples! Maybe my ex girlfriends are smiling inside, but that's a stretch.

We have to change our mind sets, we need to stay sane.

Please, what are your thoughts?

No I don't make fun of people. I'm not an allstar butthole like 99.999% of the population. I am the example, the legend, the one that makes fun of the make funner's - the People's Champion! :dance:

I didn't make fun of people, but I wasn't compassionate either. I grew up with parents and an older sister who did not have acne as teens even. Their mentality was: if someone has acne, then they are not taking care of their skin. My mom would make comments like, "Their parents need to take them to a dermatologist. I would never let my kid's skin get that bad". Flash forward years later and I am 15 and have moderate acne that I am sobbing about, and the most my mom does is order me Proactiv and continually lecture me about touching my face. My dad tells me I need to stop eating chocolate (which I don't even like a lot or eat very much). :wall:

So anyway, having to deal with acne has made me more compassionate towards others with it. I know that is doesn't mean they aren't doing their best clear it up, and it is not necessarily an indicator of hygiene or diet. I keep telling my mom this when she makes comments still. I remind her it is a lot harder than she can imagine and it takes a lot of time, energy and money to achieve a decent complexion when you're acne-prone. I mean, 10 years later and I am still struggling with it.

i've had acne since the 7th grade, i'd never really noticed anyone who had it before i got it.

but most of the time when i see people worse than me, i'm really grateful that my skin won't scar as bad as some other people's.

it's taken an emotional toll on me lately.

now that i'm a vegetarian my skin has cleared up a little and i'm not as depressed as i used to be.

yeah same here. had acne since 7th grade and didnt notice anyone with it. But sadly ive been a vegitarian for over 12 years and it deosnt help :[

i had mild acne all through high school and never really noticed acne on anyone else; guess i was too into myself to really notice. i do remember one girl that had tons of acne though, and i always felt bad for her, but was thankful mine wasn't as bad. after i graduated, my acne got worse, and i didn't know what to do. still though, when i would notice it on other people, i was just thankful there were others struggling with what i was going through.

like siouxsie, i had parents that told me i was just not taking care of my skin properly. my dad has dry skin too, and he would just tell me, "your skin is just like mine. you use too much stuff on it, and that's why you're having problems." i tried his way..... it didn't work, and i ended up bawling to him telling him how horrible i felt. he was sympathetic, but told me i was being over dramatic about it. i'm glad i found this site and was able to put together a regimen that works for me. :)

When I was smaller, I noticed some people with acne... like the really bad & obvious ones.... I didn't know what to think of it and was a bit weird for me to see that

but I never poked fun at anyone... thats just messed up

I never looked down on people. As for making fun of people? Uh, please. That's so immature, and extremely rude. It's like staring at someone with bad burns or something. It's hurtful, and totally unappreciated. No one makes fun of me except for my friends, but they only point it out occasionally, because everyone knows that if they ever said anything, I'd come and break their faces. Violent people don't like being made fun of.

Before I had acne, I never really noticed unless it was REALLY bad. Now I have extremely horrid scars on my pale skin, and I pick a lot so it doesn't really help... But when people make fun of my acne or keratosis pilaris, I merely say:

If you were born ugly, would you like it if I made fun of you for something that you couldn't do anything about?

That or I cuss them out :dance: