Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nygiRL1

Comedonal acne = STUBBORN!

I'm currently on Paula's Choice BHA going into my 3rd month, and I was trying out green cream but stopped for a bit cuz my skin became extra sensitive but I plan on going back within 2 weeks or so. However my comedonal acne is still not budging..It actually seems worse and I doubt its an IB because I've been on it for some time, any other options I can use.. It's really annoying because my acne is so mild yet its stubborn! Any suggestions would help..

I'm currently on Paula's Choice BHA going into my 3rd month, and I was trying out green cream but stopped for a bit cuz my skin became extra sensitive but I plan on going back within 2 weeks or so. However my comedonal acne is still not budging..It actually seems worse and I doubt its an IB because I've been on it for some time, any other options I can use.. It's really annoying because my acne is so mild yet its stubborn! Any suggestions would help..

Try mandelic acid. i heard it works wonders. also retinoids work great.

im using 2% BHA + 10% MA + green cream lvl 6...my comedonal acne is finally coming out.

been using 2% BHA for 3 months, 10% MA for a little over a month, green cream for almost 2 weeks.

Yea green cream really works great with the BHA .. However I've been itching to try MA.. how do you incorporate it into your routine, I need some ideas:) I was looking into the MaMa lotion which is the mandelic and malic acid lotion

well, for some reason the 2% BHA makes my skin really shiny/oily looking so i use that after i come home and i know i wont be going out after...usually after basketball/gym which is around 5pm.

i use mandelic in the morning cause it makes my skin look really smooth, and it sort of lightens/covers some red marks (for me at least). *i use 10% nucelle MA btw*

after i come home from workout or whatever i take a shower and use BHA

then right before i go to bed i take a quick shower or just wash the BHA stuff off my face and apply green cream and dive strait into bed.

today i was able to extract 2 comedonal bumps that ive had for at least 4 months...<3 green cream!

lol, that's great. I'm still in the beggining stages of it, like using sample packs and worked my way up to level 6 no big side effects my face was just extra sensitive and a little red so I went off it for a few days. I'm going to buy an actual bottle of it pretty soon. I was wondering if you noticed increased oiliness in the beggining of using the GC, my face has been extra oily lately and I read on the GC Boards that it's from the pores closing or something like that.. :doh:

Hmm, i didnt notice being extra oily...but that might be because i dont have oily skin in the first place.

Yeh it sucks to have sensitive skin, i dont know how i would deal with it because im an impatient person...i started using GC6 daily the day it arrived at my doorstep lol. Look on the bright side though, at least your bottle will last longer!